Alexis also has experience in both regulatory compliance and general civil litigation with an emphasis on insurance defense and subrogation. Her litigation practice has allowed her to develop experience at both the trial and appellate court levels throughout Louisiana.
- Representation of major oil and gas companies in lawsuits filed by landowners alleging property damage arising out of historical and ongoing oil and gas exploration and production activities
- Involvement in detailed protocols and procedures for handling all phases of electronic discovery from the creation of initial electronic database search terms to production and thereafter in document-intensive litigation matters
- Expertise and training regarding major leading-edge archiving and litigation technologies for handling the collection, coding, production, evaluation and use of documents at trial for complex, document-driven litigation matters
- Representation of debt collection agencies nationally in complying with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all state collection and licensing regulations
- Representation of debt collectors and debt buyers from consumer claims and claims regarding collector misconduct and credit reporting
- Representation of insurance companies throughout the State of Louisiana in automobile and property subrogation claims with a focus on products liability
- Representation of insurance companies against personal injury, premise liability and property damage claims
Alexis earned her B.S. from Louisiana State University in 2002. She earned her J.D. /B.C.L. from the LSU Law Center in 2006 and was awarded the Paul M. Hebert Scholarship in 2005.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2006; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Member, Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- Judge, LSU Law Center Flory Trials
- Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children
- Volunteer, Baton Rouge Bar Association Pro-Bono Project
- Volunteer, St. Vincent De Paul Baton Rouge