Angela Leonard is an associate attorney in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in July 2007 and practices in the litigation, worker's compensation, and medical malpractice defense groups. Prior to joining the firm, Angela practiced in Baton Rouge where she represented clients in general litigation, medical malpractice, and family law matters.
EducationAngela earned her B.A. in English, cum laude, from Southern University in 2001. She earned her J.D., magna cum laude, in 2004 from Southern University Law Center where she graduated in the top 5 percent of her class. While in law school, she served as a student attorney and a law school teaching assistant.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2004; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals; Fifth Circuit
- Baton Rouge (Volunteer Committee and Young Lawyer's Section), Louisiana State (Ad Hoc Member, Diversity Committee), and American Bar Associations; American Inns of Court; Louis A. Martinet Society, Baton Rouge Chapter
- Member, Advocacy Council, Fitness Club at the Woman's Center for Wellness
- Member, Judicial Relations and Community Outreach, Louis Martinet Society
- Member, Baton Rouge Chapter, Louis A. Martinet Legal Society of Louisiana
- Member, Louisiana State Law Institute