Kean Miller LLP represents national, regional and local retailers, drugstores, restaurants, fast food chains, service stations, and supermarkets in casualty litigation in Louisiana. We handle a large volume of litigation involving “slip and fall” claims and personal injury claims for many of the nation’s largest retailers.
- Representation of a national drug store chain in a false arrest claim at trial. The case was filed in East Baton Rouge parish.
- Representation of national video retailer in defending against personal injury claims on the retailer's premises.
- Representation of national drug store company in defending against personal injury claims on the retailer's premises.
- Summary judgment for a national drug store chain in a slip and fall case in which the judge granted our motion based upon LSA-R.S. 9:2800.6, the Louisiana merchant liability statute.
- Dismissal of a national drug store chain in a slip and fall case where the judge granted our motion for summary judgment based on plaintiffs' inability to demonstrate the existence a defect in a shopping basket that allegedly overturned causing injuries to a minor child.
- Obtained summary judgments for a global energy refiner and marketer in slip and fall cases, and in alleged toxic exposure cases arising out of gasoline station operations.
- Summary judgment, motions and trials for an international retailer with regard to slip and fall cases and falling merchandise cases.