Computers, Hardware and Software
Kean Miller LLP represents global computer industry clients throughout the state of Louisiana. Our Computer Industry Team is comprised of seasoned attorneys with extensive backgrounds in computer and technology-related litigation. The team is well-versed in software code and other highly technical aspects of software and hardware production.
We regularly assist brand name industry clients in complex litigation involving products liability, breach of contract, fraud claims, licensing agreements, redhibition claims, software implementation, class action litigation, patent infringement, and other issues in the high-technology marketplace. Our Business and Corporate team regularly represents technology businesses in entity formation, joint ventures, contracts, licensing agreements, venture capital, and intellectual property matters.
- Representation of a major hardware manufacturer in redhibition and products liability litigation regarding server compatibility.
- Representation of a software implementation team in breach of contract and fraud claims in connection with the failed implementation of an ERP package.
- Representation of a global software manufacturer in breach of contract, fraud claims brought by re-seller arising out of exclusive licensing agreement.
- Representation of a major Louisiana university in a wide range of intellectual property, technology transfer and commercialization, and licensing matters involving computer technology and software design.
- Representation of a major international software manufacturer in product liability, redhibition, breach of contract claim arising out of failed implementation of financial accounting software.
- Local counsel to a global software manufacturer in class action litigation alleging that its operating system was defective, and as local counsel in a purported class action alleging that the operating system was not Y2K compliant.
- Representation as Louisiana counsel for a brand name software manufacturer in class actions asserting various alleged antitrust and state unfair trade practice violations.
- Representation of a regional telecommunications and PCS company in statewide class action litigation alleging fraud and misrepresentation in the sale of PCS phones.
- Representation of a large grocery cooperative in all aspects of its intellectual property protection, licensing agreements, consulting arrangements, and other arrangements relating to the development and application of computer software.
- Representation of a major computer manufacturer in redhibition and products liability litigation and in litigation with consumers.
- Representation of development stage e-learning company in connection with private equity financing.
- Business and corporate
- Entity formation
- Complex litigation
- Products liability
- Breach of contract
- Fraud claims
- Licensing agreements
- Redhibition claims
- Software implementation
- Class action litigation
- Patent infringement
- Trademarks and copyrights
- Trade secrets