Trippe serves as a special advisor to the Louisiana Law Institute Security Devices Committee for its Private Works Act Revision Project and is a frequent speaker on construction law related topics such as the Louisiana contractor's licensing law, industrial construction contracting and procurement, construction industry issues, heavily negotiated contract provisions, and public bid disputes, and on broader topics, such as diversity in the legal profession. He is a graduate of the Mediation Program at Harvard Law School. He is a mediator with Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions and is listed in the Louisiana Civil Mediator's Registry, maintained by the Louisiana State Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution section.
Away from the office, Trippe enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters. He also enjoys participating in triathlons, working on bicycles, singing with various groups from his church, and giving back to the community.
- Representation of industrial and commercial owners in all phases of construction project contracting and procurement
- Representation of a City-Parish government as owner of a telecommunications system in a construction dispute against the engineer of record and a large number of contractors
- Former general counsel for the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors
- Representation of contractors in disputes involving publicly bid contracts
- Representation of a state commission in class action inverse condemnation litigation in a case involving hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damages
- Representation of various clients adverse to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
- Representation of a large wood products and forestry concern in a patent infringement lawsuit
- Representation of various owners, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and design professionals in construction litigation and in mediations and arbitrations involving contract interpretation, performance, lien rights, and remedies
- Substantial and significant experience in the Private Works Act, the Public Works Act, Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act, the Miller Act
Trippe earned a B.A. in Philosophy from Baylor University in 1992. He earned his J.D. in 1995 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Kappa Phi. Trippe is also a member of the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1995; Texas, 2015; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; United States Court of Claims
- Baton Rouge (Co-Chair Business and Corporate Law Section, 2013), Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Americans Inns of Court
- Board of Directors, Open Air Ministries
- Past President, Board of Advisors, A.C. Lewis YMCA
- Recipient, LSBA Crystal Gavel Award, 2010
- Volunteer Baton Rouge 2010 honoree
- Recipient, Edward D. Grant Volunteerism Award, YMCA of the Capital Area, 2008
- National Leadership Board, Fellowship of Christian Athletes-Endurance, 2006-2010
- Governing Board (Chair, 2014), Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, Grace Rising Ensemble, and Men's Celebration Quartet, University Baptist Church
- Baton Rouge Business Report's "40 Under 40," 2008
- Race Director, Rouge Runners Kids Running series, 2006-2010
- Board of Directors, (Vice-Chair, 2014-2015), Friends of LSU Rural Life Museum
- G.D. Womack Trenching, Inc. v. Maitland Water System, Inc., 870 So.2d 579, 2003-1579 (La.App. 3 Cir. 4/7/04), La.App. 3 Cir., Apr 07, 2004.
- Ford New Holland Credit Co. v. McManus, 833 So.2d 1130 (La.App. 2 Cir. 2002)(Redhibition);
- Elder v. Tanner,180 F.Supp.2d 818 (E.D.Tex., 2001); 205 F.R.D. 190 (E.D.Tex.,2001)(patent litigation);
- Anderson v. Red River Waterway Com'n, 231 F.3d 211(5th Cir. 2000); 16 F.Supp.2d 682 (W.D.La. 1998)(class action; inverse condemnation);
- Wynder v. Royal Ford Lincoln Mercury, Inc., 721 So.2d (La.App. 3 Cir., 1998) writ den. 738 So.2d 2 (La. 1999)(worker's compensation);
- Southern General Agency, Inc. v. Safeway Ins. Co. of Louisiana, 769 So.2d 606, (La.App. 3 Cir. 2000)(Insurer/General Agent dispute);
- Valley v. Rapides Parish School Bd., 992 F.Supp. 848, (W.D.La.1998); 118 F.3d 1047, (5th Cir.1997) (Wrongful Termination; Civil Rights; Recusal)
- Oral Argument before Louisiana Supreme Court: Manning v. Dillard Dept. Stores, Inc.,; 753 So.2d 163 (La. 1999)(premises liability) and Savage v. Edwards, 722 So.2d 1004, (La 1998) (election dispute)
- Oral Argument before United States 5th Circuit: U.S. ex rel. Mathews v. HealthSouth Corp., 332 F.3d 293 (5th Cir. 2003) (federal civil procedure)