Glenn Farnet is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 1991 and practices litigation in state and federal courts. Glenn has more than 20 years of experience in a variety of complex litigation matters, with particular experience in class action litigation, toxic tort litigation, product liability litigation, environmental litigation, business litigation, and commercial litigation. He handles all aspects of the litigation process through trial and appeal. Glenn has an AV-rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Representation of a major oil and gas company in a large toxic tort class action involving its Lake Charles, Louisiana refinery
- Representation of a major international oil and gas company in multiple class actions involving the release of hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide
- Representation of a major international oil and gas company in class actions involving long-term air emissions
- Representation of major oil and gas company involving alleged environmental and economic damages arising out of subsurface chemical contamination
- Representation of a major international oil and gas company in class action litigation surrounding a catastrophic explosion and fire at its Baton Rouge refinery
- Representation of numerous chemical and petrochemical clients in a class action filed by residents around a former Superfund site
- Representation of companies involved in class actions in New Orleans by residents on and near a former Superfund site.
- Representation of major technology corporation as Louisiana counsel in connection with a nationwide class action and product liability lawsuit
- Representation of major pharmaceutical manufacturer in product liability suits in Louisiana arising out of biologic products used in treatment of various diseases
- Representation of major technology corporation as Louisiana counsel in connection with Louisiana civil antitrust actions
- Representation of telecommunications company in purported consumer fraud class action involving allegations of fraudulent misrepresentations in the sale of wireless service and phones
- Representation of a global manufacturer in purported consumer fraud class action involving allegations of deceptive product packaging
- Representation of national toy manufacturer in product liability class action litigation
- Representation of international manufacturer as local counsel for a Louisiana class action alleging nationwide price fixing in the vitamin supply industry
- Representation of major pharmaceutical companies in pharmaceutical product liability litigation
- Representation of national software publisher in litigation involving licensing and reselling disputes
- Representation of wholesale supplier in business litigation involving alleged breach of contract and other obligations
- Representation of national manufacturer of railroad switching equipment in business litigation involving alleged breach of contracts and other obligations
- Representation of international road safety technology company in litigation involving photo-enforcement technology and programs
Glenn earned his B.S. in Computer Science from Louisiana State University in 1987. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1990. He served as a law clerk to the Hon. Luther F. Cole, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Louisiana from 1990 to 1991.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1990; Admitted to practice in all Louisiana state and Federal courts and the United State Fifth Circuit
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, American and Federal Bar Associations; Defense Research Institute; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Fifth Circuit Bar Association
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Responding When Disaster Strikes, American Corporate Counsel Association Annual Meeting, October 30, 2013
- Recent Development in the Class Action Fairness Act, Baton Rouge Bar Association, November 4, 2010.
- The Lone Pine Order as a Case Management Tool for Complex Litigation, (October 26, 2005).
- Louisiana 1997 Tort Reform Update, presentation to the Baton Rouge Bar Association.
- Case Management Tools in Complex Litigation, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Winter Meeting, Beaver Creek, Colorado, February 28, 2006.
- Vioxx Multidistrict Litigation Court Refuses to Give Deference to FDA's Preemption Preamble, Louisiana Law Blog, September 6, 2007.
- A Discussion of Selected Problems Presented by Class Action Mass Tort Litigation—A Defense Perspective, Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, Conference on Complex MDL and Mass Tort Litigation, 1995.
- School Law in Louisiana, National Business Institute, 1995.