Jason Cashio is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He litigates in state and federal courts in Louisiana, representing local and national corporate clients, as well as individuals in a variety of litigation matters, including complex, multi-party disputes. Jason focuses his practice on issues involving medical malpractice, general and business litigation, products liability and civil rights. Jason also advises clients in the health care area and is involved in providing general legal advice to health care providers as well as defending health care providers in medical malpractice claims. He also advises clients on electronic discovery, e-discovery compliance, electronically stored information (ESI), electronic information management, and retention and destructive policies and procedures. After law school, Jason served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank J. Polozola of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana in 1998.
Jason is a member of the Medical/Legal Interprofessional Committee of the Louisiana State Bar Association. He is also a Committee Member of the Seventh Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program.
Jason is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2015. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Representation of national corporations in product liability cases regarding product design and warning issues
- Representation of national pharmaceutical company as local counsel for diet drug (Fen-Phen) litigation
- Representation of a major forest products and paper company with regard to facility operations, including premises liability, shipping liability, and commercial liability
- Representation of national pharmacy corporation for premises liability and claims related to pharmacy operations
- Representation of physicians for Medical Review Panel proceedings and related litigation, including claims involving the following medical specialties: Obstetrics; Gynecology; General Surgery; Pediatric Surgery; Plastic Surgery; Pediatrics; Family Practice; Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology; Pulmonology; Rheumatology; Orthopedics; Anesthesiology; Neurology; Psychiatry and Radiology
- Multiple jury trials successfully defended for prominent Louisiana physicians
Jason earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1995. He earned his J.D. in 1998 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and a Candidate for the Louisiana Law Review. He was inducted into the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1998
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, American (Litigation Section) and Federal (Baton Rouge Chapter) Bar Associations; Louisiana Bar Foundation; Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Electronic Discovery and Social Media, Louisiana Law Blog, December 2, 2014.
- Preservation Obligations: How Much Data Must a Party Hold During Active Litigation?, Louisiana Law Blog, June 25, 2014
- Do Not Delete, Baton Rouge Business Report, March 2014
- 2013 Client In-service Presentation: ESI and EDiscovery: From Preservation to Production, September 17, 2013
- 2013 Defense Counsel Seminar: ESI and E-Discovery: From Preservation to Production, August 15, 2013
- 2012 Defense Counsel Seminar: E-Discovery: From Preservation to Production, August 9, 2012
- Committee Member, Seventh Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program
- President, Board of Directors, Association of Retarded Citizens of Baton Rouge, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
- Past Member, High School Mock Trial Competition Committee, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Chairman, Board of Directors, St. Aloysius Men's Club, (Chairman 2008-2009)
- Member, Catholic High School Alumni Board of Directors
- Volunteer Coach, YMCA and USSSA for various sports 2008-present