John Heinrich is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2000 and practices in the litigation group. John represents clients in commercial litigation, products liability, chemical exposure claims, personal injury defense, medical malpractice defense, toxic tort defense, ERISA, and OSHA matters. John has litigated cases not only in Louisiana but in 14 other states in both state and federal forums.
- Representation of chemical manufacturer on national basis in vinyl chloride litigation involving interesting issues of civil conspiracy, product identification and medical causation
- Representation of chemical manufacturers in several class actions involving claims filed by 10,000 individuals alleging exposure to toxic substances
- Representation of manufacturer on product liability claims involving personal injury and property damage
- Representation of chemical manufacturers on claims filed individuals alleging exposure to toxic substances
- Representation of occupant restraint and airbag manufacturer on national basis in claims of serious bodily injury and death arising out of vehicular accidents
- Representation of manufacturers of air brake systems on national basis in claims of serious bodily injury and death arising out of vehicular accidents
- Representation of companies and individuals in claims of serious bodily injury arising out of vehicular accidents, premises defects and defective products
- Representation of manufacturing companies in litigation involving complex issues related to occupational noise induced hearing loss
John earned his B.A. from Louisiana State University in 1973. He earned his J.D. in 1987 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Phi Kappa Phi and Order of the Coif. He was also the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Commercial Paper.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1987
- Baton Rouge Bar Association; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Defense Research Institute
- Former Board of Directors, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- President, Woodgate Homeowners Association
- Member, Community Partnership Division, Capital Area United Way
- Board of Directors, Rebuilding Together of Baton Rouge