She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016 - Administrative / Regulatory Law, Communications Law, and Energy Law), Chambers USA (Energy & Natural Resources: Utilities, 2015), Louisiana Super Lawyers (2007-2009 and 2011-2014), and Baton Rouge Business Report's Influential Women In Business 2005. She is listed by Best Lawyers as the Baton Rouge Lawyer of the Year in Energy Law for 2012 and 2016.
- Counsel for LEUG in major electric utility regulatory proceedings before the Louisiana Public Service Commission for more than 20 years
- Representation of industrial clients with respect to power supply contracts, cogeneration projects, transmission, interconnection and project development issues
- Representation of industrial clients and project developers in over 20 generation projects on contractual, transmission, interconnection and project development issues
- Representation of developers with respect to renewable generation projects and representation of existing renewable generation project owners
- Representation of various liquids intrastate pipelines with respect to regulatory issues before the Louisiana Public Service Commission
- Representation of water/wastewater company on state utility regulatory issues
Katherine earned her J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1981. She served as a law clerk to the Hon. Elven E. Ponder of the First Circuit Court of Appeal of Louisiana from 1981 to 1984 and to the Hon. John V. Parker, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana, from 1984 to 1986. She earned her B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1976.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1981; United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State (Public Utility Section; Past Co-Chair) and American Bar Associations
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Louisiana Public Service Commission - Electric Utility Regulation - Recent and Current Topics, November 5, 2015
- Accessing Louisiana's CHP Potential, Combined Heat and Power Conference & Trade Show, October 19, 2011
- Board Member, St. Joseph Hospice Foundation
- Past President, Board of Directors and Member, Baton Rouge Green
- Past Board of Directors, Member and Vice President, Children's Hope