Kevin Curry is a partner in the Baton Rouge-Bluebonnet office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 1995 and practices in the estate planning, business and corporate, and tax groups. His practice includes estate planning, tax law, succession and probate law and nonprofit corporation law. Kevin represents individuals and families in all aspects of estate planning, wills, trusts, successions and corporate and business issues. He is a Board Certified Tax Law Specialist and a Board Certified Estate Planning and Administration Specialist, by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization.
Kevin is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2008, 2011-2015.
- Successfully defended an exempt non-profit organization in an IRS proceeding seeking to revoke the organization's exempt status
- Representation of clients in the preparation of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships or limited liability companies, and other instruments to implement estate plans to minimize estate taxes and accomplish goals
- Representation of clients in succession and probate matters of all sizes
- Representation of business in providing tax advice for matters from formation to liquidation
- Representation of clients in the formation of 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and foundations, including application for tax exempt status with Internal Revenue Service
- Representation of clients in the formation of trade associations and other nonprofit organizations, including applications for tax exempt status with Internal Revenue Service
- Representation of a real estate developer in the negotiation and drafting of tax allocation provisions in limited liability company operating agreements
- Representation of various business owners in evaluating the best tax structure for sale or purchase of businesses
- Representation of certified public accountants and assistance in researching complex tax issues for the CPA's clients
Kevin earned his B.S. in Accounting from Louisiana State University in 1991 and his LL.M in Taxation from New York University in 1995. He earned his J.D. in 1994 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1994
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; Estate and Business Planning Council of Baton Rouge (President 2011); Planned Giving Council of Greater Baton Rouge; Louisiana State Law Institute.
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Member, Board of Directors, Ollie Steele Burden Manor, Inc.
- Alumni, Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Member, Marriage-Persons Committee, Louisiana State Law Institute
- Treasurer, St. James Episcopal Church 2009 - present
- Adjunct Professor, Tax Law, LSU Law Center 1999
- Member, Board of Trustees, St. James Episcopal Day School (2007-2009)