Jason Cashio is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He litigates in state and federal courts in Louisiana, representing local and national corporate clients, as well as individuals in a variety of litigation matters, including complex, multi-party disputes. Jason focuses his practice on issues involving medical malpractice, general and business litigation, products liability and civil rights. Jason also advises clients in the health care area and is involved in providing general legal advice to health care providers as well as defending health care providers in medical malpractice claims. He also advises clients on electronic discovery, e-discovery compliance, electronically stored information (ESI), electronic information management, and retention and destructive policies and procedures. After law school, Jason served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank J. Polozola of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana in 1998.
Jason is a member of the Medical/Legal Interprofessional Committee of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Jason is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2013.
- Representation of national corporations in product liability cases regarding product design and warning issues
- Representation of national pharmaceutical company as local counsel for diet drug (Fen-Phen) litigation
- Representation of a major forest products and paper company with regard to facility operations, including premises liability, shipping liability, and commercial liability
- Representation of national pharmacy corporation for premises liability and claims related to pharmacy operations
- Representation of physicians for Medical Review Panel proceedings and related litigation, including claims involving the following medical specialties: Obstetrics; Gynecology; General Surgery; Pediatric Surgery; Plastic Surgery; Pediatrics; Family Practice; Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology; Pulmonology; Rheumatology; Orthopedics; Anesthesiology; Neurology; Psychiatry and Radiology
- Multiple jury trials successfully defended for prominent Louisiana physicians
Jason earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1995. He earned his J.D. in 1998 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and a Candidate for the Louisiana Law Review. He was inducted into the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1998
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, American (Litigation Section) and Federal (Baton Rouge Chapter) Bar Associations; Louisiana Bar Foundation; Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court
- President, Board of Directors, Association of Retarded Citizens of Baton Rouge, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
- Member, High School Mock Trial Competition Committee, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Chairman, Board of Directors, St. Aloysius Men's Club, (Chairman 2008-2009)
- Member, Catholic High School Alumni Board of Directors
J.D., LSU Law Center, 1998
Order of the Coif; candidate for the Louisiana Law Review, LSU Law Center Hall of Fame in 1998
B.S., Louisiana State Univeristy, 1995
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeLouisiana , 1998
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
The American Bar Association
Section on Litigation
The Federal Bar Association
Baton Rouge Chapter
Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court