Allen Hennesy is currently special counsel to Kean Miller's New Orleans office. He practices in the litigation, tax, estate planning, probate and business practice group. His practice includes complex commercial litigation, litigation management, estate planning, tax law, succession law, ERISA, probate and employment law.
Allen has practiced in federal and state courts, performed title work, drafted and completed sale of interest in Chalmette refinery to Venezuelan interests, probate and succession matters, drafted wills and trusts, title examinations and litigation involving a real estate lease for a major supermarket, supervised litigation and malpractice questions involving a continuing care community, construction litigation, environmental work to clear land for sale and work for Louisiana DEQ for a senior housing development, divorce litigation, settlement of community property, security fraud and general civil litigation and transactional work. He has handled securities fraud cases and taken them through the court of appeal with positive results and has represented clients in arbitration cases and litigation of commercial disputes.
The securities litigation which Allen brought to successful completion is in the reported case of Feiber v. Cassidy, 1998-0405 (La. App. 1 Cir. 12/28/98), 723 So. 2d 1101. He has practiced before the following courts: Louisiana State District Courts, Louisiana Appellate Courts, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Allen is rated AV in Martindale Hubbell.
- Managed and supervised investments for continuing care community
- Managed and supervised investment for senior living community
- Managed $244 million loan and mortgage bank portfolio for savings and loan association
Allen earned his LL.B. from Tulane University Law School in 1961 and earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1958.
- Admitted, Louisiana 1961
- All Louisiana Appellate Courts
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Tulane Moot Court Board
- President, Notaries Association of New Orleans, 1976
- New Orleans, Louisiana State (Chairman, Section of Trust Estates, Probate and Immovable Property, 1971-1972), and American Bar Associations
- American Judicature Society. [Captain, JAGD, USAF, 1961-1964.]
- President, Episcopal Housing for Seniors, 1999-2002
- President, Lambeth House, Inc., 1999-2002
- President, Dryades Savings and Loan Association, 1989-1991
- President, Southern Baptist Hospital, 1977-1983
- President, New Orleans Lawn Tennis Club, 1976-1979
J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1961
B.S., Louisiana State University, 1958
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeLouisiana, 1961
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
New Orleans Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Chairman, Section of Trust Estates, Probate and Immovable Property, 1971-1972
American Bar Association
Tulane Moot Court Board
Notaries Association of New Orleans
American Judicature Society
Captain, JAGD, USAF, 1961-1964