Katherine has been heavily involved in advising generator clients with respect to generation project structures that satisfy client needs while complying with both Federal energy regulatory law and LPSC requirements, and interconnection issues. She also advises retail customer clients with respect to power supply contracts, electric regulatory compliance, and she represents these clients before the LPSC in electric utility rate proceedings.
She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2012-2014 - Administrative / Regulatory Law, Communications Law, and Energy Law), Chambers USA (Energy & Natural Resources: Utilities, 2013), and Louisiana Super Lawyers (2007-2009 and 2011-2012). She is listed by Best Lawyers as the Baton Rouge Lawyer of the Year in Administrative / Regulatory Law for 2012.
- Counsel for Jefferson Davis Electric Cooperative on wholesale power supplier contract disputes
- Counsel for Dixie Electric Membership Cooperation in Louisiana Public Service Commission rate proceedings
- Counsel for LEUG in major electric utility regulatory proceedings before the Louisiana Public Service Commission for more than 20 years
- Representation of industrial clients with respect to power supply contracts, cogeneration projects, and transmission and interconnection issues
- Representation of industrial clients and project developers in over 20 generation projects on contractual, transmission, and interconnection issues
- Representation of developers with respect to renewable generation projects and representation of existing renewable generation project owners
- Representation of various liquids intrastate pipelines with respect to tariff issues before the Louisiana Public Service Commission
- Worked closely with Louisiana Department of Economic Development to meet the utility needs of new potential businesses looking to locate in Louisiana
Katherine earned her J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1981. She served as a law clerk to the Hon. Elven E. Ponder of the First Circuit Court of Appeal of Louisiana from 1981 to 1984 and to the Hon. John V. Parker, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana, from 1984 to 1986. She is a Certified Cogeneration Professional (2000). She earned her B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1976.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1981
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State (Public Utility Section; Past Co-Chair) and American Bar Associations; Association of Energy Engineers
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Accessing Louisiana's CHP Potential, Combined Heat and Power Conference & Trade Show, October 19, 2011.
- LAI/MEP Deregulation Seminar, McNeese State University, 2001.
- The Chlorine Institute's 44th Annual Plant Operation and Safety Seminar, 2001.
- President, Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Green
- Board of Directors, Audubon Girl Scouts
- Board of Directors, Vice President, Children's Hope
- Baton Rouge Business Report's Influential Women in Business 2005
J.D., LSU Law Center, 1981
B.S., Louisiana State University, 1976
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeLouisiana, 1981
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Co-Chair, Public Utility Section
American Bar Association
Association of Energy Engineers