Erin Kilgore is an associate attorney in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2008 and practices in the labor and employment law group. Erin represents and advises employers on a variety of labor and employment issues, including social media issues; employee handbooks; discrimination, harassment, and retaliation litigation; wrongful termination claims; and issues involving wage payment, drug testing and employee leave. Erin has represented employers in state and federal courts and before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Louisiana Commission on Human Rights. In addition to her labor and employment experience, Erin also represents a national retail chain in premise liability litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Erin served as a law clerk to the Hon. Jay C. Zainey of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Erin earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from Washington and Lee University in 2004. In the summer of 2005, Erin studied abroad at the University of Lyon III - Jean Moulin in Lyon, France. Erin earned her J.D. and her B.S. in Civil Law in 2007 from the LSU Law Center where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Louisiana Law Review.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2007; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2008; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2008
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and Federal Bar Associations; Wex S. Malone Inns of Court
- NLRB Recess Appointments Held Unconstitutional, Louisiana Law Blog, January 2013.
- 2013 and Beyond! Labor and Employment of the Future, HR Solutions, January 2013.
- Post, Like, Tweet, and Status Updates: A Game Plan for Anticipating, Defending, and Tackling Social Media, Kean Miller Labor and Employment Seminar, November 2012.
- Hot Topics in Employment Law, River Region Chamber of Commerce Employment Law Seminar, November 2012.
- From the Police Officer's Bill of Rights, to Social Media...Hot Topics in Employment Law for Municipal Attorneys, Louisiana City Attorneys Association, 2012 Fall Conference.
- NLRB Finds for Employer in First Facebook Firing Case, Louisiana Law Blog, October 2012.
- H.R. Hot Topics, co-presenter with HR Solutions, West Baton Rouge Chamber Expo, September 2012.
- A Problem in Need of Repair: Louisiana's Subsequent Remedial Measures Rule, Louisiana Law Review, Volume 67.
- NLRB Acting General Counsel Releases Report on Social Media Policies, Louisiana Law Blog, May 31, 2012.
- New NLRB Posting Requirement Back on Hold, Louisiana Law Blog, April 30, 2012.
- Happy New Year...But, Your High School Diploma Requirement May Violate the Americans With Disabilities Act, Says the EEOC, Louisiana Law Blog, January 5, 2012.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Update, Webinar, Louisiana Municipal Association, November 17, 2011.
- Employer Policies - Trends in Modern Era, Kean Miller Labor and Employment Seminar, November 4, 2011.
- Policy and Procedures Manuals for Municipal Government Employees, Webinar, Louisiana Municipal Association, July 21, 2011.
- Settlement Reached in the NLRB Facebook Case, Louisiana Law Blog, February 15, 2011.
- Recent Developments in Labor and Employment Law, Various Chemical Companies, 2010.
- Facebook and the NLRB: NLRB to Weigh In Regarding Employee's Negative Comments About Her Supervisor, Louisiana Law Blog, November 8, 2010.
- Sexual Harassment: Legal Update and Incident Resolution, Webinar, Louisiana Municipal Association, May 20, 2010.
- Pre-Employment Interviews: Unlawful Questions to Avoid during the Interview Process, Kean Miller Labor and Employment Seminar, April 14, 2010.
- Recent Development in Labor and Employment Law, Various Chemical Companies, 2009.
- An Imperfect Storm: A Review of the ADA Amendments Act and Some Practical Guidance for Employers, Kean Miller Labor and Employment Seminar, April 15, 2009.
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Reviews Pay Discrimination Claims, Louisiana Law Blog, February 13, 2009.
- Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity
- Active Member, Junior League of Baton Rouge
- Social Chairman, Washington and Lee Baton Rouge Area Alumni Chapter
- Belly Up With the Bar Committee, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2009
- Co-Chair, Kean Miller Holiday Star Project, 2009-2010
J.D., LSU Law Center
Order of the Coif; Louisiana Law Review
B.A., Washington and Lee University, 2004
summa cum laude
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeLouisiana, 2007
United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2008
United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2008
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court