Linda Perez Clark is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She has more than 20 years of experience in representing clients in a wide variety of transactional matters, including large scale engineering, procurement, construction and construction-related contracts (for both onshore and offshore energy projects), asset and stock acquisitions and sales, commercial leases and various product supply agreements. She has worked on transactions, construction contracts, and interconnection agreements for industrial mega-projects in Louisiana and in the Gulf of Mexico. Linda’s practice includes general business advice to large and small businesses, as well as assisting clients with entity structure and governance, including entity formation and buy-sell agreements among owners, and in the development and negotiation of indemnity agreements.
- Legal adviser to a publicly-traded outdoor advertising company in its acquisition of more than 5,500 outdoor advertising assets for $458 million
- Representation of the largest fishing company in South Africa in a $382 million dollar transaction involving the outright purchase of a fish processing plant in Empire, Louisiana and a 25 percent stake in the fishing operation
- Drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and leases relating to mineral interests
- Drafting, negotiation and/or reviewing surface use agreements, pipeline rights-of-way and servitude agreements, and joint operating agreements relative to exploration and production of minerals
- Drafting and/or reviewing offshore production handling and related agreements
- Representation of significant residential real estate developer in multiple sales, acquisitions and related matters
- Sale of industrial services company for $50 million
- Development of Management Succession Plans
- Acquisition of HUD insured multi-family complex for $25 million
- Sale of chemical manufacturing company for $33 million
- Acquisition of chemical manufacturing company for $10 million
- Representation of a Louisiana bank with regard to corporate governance matters, real estate transactions on behalf of the bank, and in day-to-day counsel in connection with the bank's corporate structure and related issues regarding its Board of Directors
- Representation of a Louisiana seafood mix company in negotiations and contracts with national grocery store chains and restaurants
Linda earned her B.A., magna cum laude, from Louisiana Tech University in 1988. She earned her J.D., cum laude, in 1991 from Tulane University Law School where she was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Commercial Law II, Creditor's Rights and Bankruptcy.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1991
- Louisiana State and American Bar Associations
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Protecting Attorney-Client Privileged Communications in M&A Agreements, Louisiana Law Blog, November 1, 2016
- American Arbitration Association Requires Registration of Consumer Arbitration Clauses, Louisiana Law Blog, August 14, 2014.
- Louisiana Supreme Court Holds Terms and Condition Binding Due to Course of Conduct and Forum Selection Clauses are not per se Violative of Public Policy, Louisiana Law Blog, July 29, 2014.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Diversity Conclave, Panelist, 2008, 2010, 2013
- 5th Annual Louisiana Women's Conference Panelist: "Career Path in 2014: Defining Success on Your Own Terms."
- Assistant Examiner, Committee on Bar Admissions, State of Louisiana.
- Single Business Enterprise Theory, Louisiana State Bar Association, Transactional Law Seminar, March 4, 2005.
- The Art of the Deal: Common Contract Terms and What They Mean, Louisiana Institute for Entrepreneurial Education and Family Business Studies, LSU, Women Mean Business Lecture Series, June 24, 2004.
- Louisiana Landlord and Tenant Law, Lorman Educational Services, January 30, 2002.
- Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Law in Louisiana, National Business Institute, August 28th & 29th, 2001.
- "In the Courts–Fifth Circuit," ABA, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Newsletter, published quarterly, 1997-2000.
- Board of Directors, Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation, 2012-present
- Board of Directors, Louisiana Appleseed, 2011-present
- Advisory Board, Catholic Community Services, 2000-2010
- LSU Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute Advisory Board, 2009
- Board Chairman, Catholic Community Services Advisory Board, 2007
- Past President, Forum 35
- Past President, Board of Directors, Serve! Baton Rouge, 1999-2004
- Board of Directors, Charles W. Lamar branch, YMCA, 2000-2004
- Member, Baton Rouge Area Foundation, Plan Baton Rouge Oversight Committee, 1999-2003
- Advisory Board, CAN DO!, 1999-2003
- Member, Baton Rouge Town Meeting Committee, 1999-2001
- National Diversity Council, 2014 Most Powerful and Influential Women Award
- "Women's History Month" - Honoree, Baton Rouge Paralegal Association, March 17, 2009
- Baton Rouge Business Report's "Influential Women in Business," 2008
- Baton Rouge Business Report's "40 Under 40", 1995