Pam Mascari is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 1997 and practices in the litigation, toxic tort and pipeline defense group. She represents clients in general litigation, oil and gas litigation, intrastate pipeline regulatory matters, environmental litigation, products liability cases, complex pharmaceutical drug litigation, and state and local tax litigation. Pam has extensive experience in the Louisiana energy, petrochemical and manufacturing industry and advises clients with regard to litigation strategy and management in Louisiana courts and regulatory matters before the Louisiana Office of Conservation. Pam also has extensive experience handling complex litigation in multi-district litigation proceedings in federal district courts outside of Louisiana.
Pam was recognized by Louisiana Super Lawyers (Energy & Natural Resources, 2012-2016) after being named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2011. She is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Pam serves on the Advisory Council of the Mineral Law Institute at the LSU Law Center.
- Representation at jury trials of major oil companies related to claims of alleged environmental property damage from exploration and production activities ("legacy lawsuits") resulting in favorable defense verdicts
- Representation of major oil companies in connection with claims of environmental property damage related to exploration and production activities
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in federal multi-district litigation involving allegations of injury resulting form ingestion of phenylpropanolamine (PPA), an ingredient in appetite suppressants and decongestant products
- Representation of international crop - science company in jury trials in federal multi-district litigation (MDL) proceeding involving genetically engineered crops
- Representation of municipal utility company in expropriation (condemnation) trial against private utility.
- Representation of pipeline company in mass tort suit involving alleged exposure to asbestos-containing materials resulting in dismissal of plaintiffs' claims
- Representation of intrastate pipeline companies in proceedings before the Louisiana Office of Conversation regarding construction and operation permits, interconnects, transportation agreements, and abandonments of facilities
- Representation of chemical company regarding litigation involving issues related to underground storage in depleted salt caverns
- Litigation, mediation and settlement of multiple wrongful death suits for large petrochemical and manufacturing defendants
- Representation of corporate taxpayers at Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals and in Louisiana courts resulting in reversal of assessments by Louisiana Department of Revenue
- Representation of energy company in litigation involving construction of deep-water facilities
- Representation of the energy industry in expropriation (condemnation) actions
Pam earned her B.S., magna cum laude, from Tulane University Freeman School of Business in 1994. She earned her J.D. in 1997 from the LSU Law Center where she was a member of the Order of the Coif, the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame and the Louisiana Law Review.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1997
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, American, and Federal ( Past President, Middle District of Louisiana Chapter) Bar Associations; Defense Research Institute; Women's Energy Network, Southeast Louisiana Chapter (Program Chair, 2009-2010; Secretary, 2011-2012; Vice-Chairwoman, 2013; President, 2014)
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Panelist, "Women Leaders in Environmental & Energy Law,", American Conference Institute, November 9-10, 2015
- Moderator, "How to Be a Successful Woman in Energy: Lessons Learned," November 6, 2014, Women's Energy Network (Southeast Louisiana) Dinner and Charity Auction
- Presenter, "Current Issues in Legacy Litigation," November 1, 2013, Louisiana State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section Seminar.
- "Corbello, The Aftermath," April 2, 51st Louisiana Mineral Law Institute, 2004.
- Awardable Damages in Environmental / Toxic Tort Cases, Louisiana State Bar Association, 4th Annual Class Action/Mass Tort Symposium, October 24, 2003.
- Awardable Damages in Environmental/Toxic Tort Cases, Advanced Environmental & Toxic Tort Issues, LSU Law Center, May 17, 2002.
- Presentation on Ethics, Who Wants to Be a Successful Attorney?, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel Seminar, August 9, 2002.
- President, Sacred Heart of Jesus School Advisory Board
- Board of Directors, Anna's Grace Foundation, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Louisiana Art and Science Museum
- Member, Leadership Baton Rouge, Class of 2014
- Member, Volunteer Panel, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Participant, Pro Bono Project, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Cabrini High School, New Orleans
- Lector and Food Pantry Volunteer, Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church, Baton Rouge
- Volunteer Coach, Basketball and Flag Football, Sacred Heart of Jesus School, Baton Rouge
- Volunteer Coach, Louisiana State Bar Association Mock Trial Competition, St. Joseph's Academy, Baton Rouge, 2001-2004
- Past Member, Mock Trial Competition Committee, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Firm Captain, Paul M. Hebert Law Center Annual Giving Campaign (2010-2015)
- Past Member, VolunTEENS Advisory Board, Volunteer! Baton Rouge
- Past Firm Liaison, Junior Achievement