Chauvin Kean is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2015 and practices in the admiralty and maritime, and business and corporate groups.
Chauvin earned his B.A. in Political Science from Millsaps College in 2010 and his M.B.A. from Else School of Management Millsaps College in 2011. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2015, where he was Managing Editor of the Loyola Journal of Public Interest Law. He also participated in the Loyola Moot Court Program and was an oralist for the 2013-14 Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court Team.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2015; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Member, New Orleans and Louisiana State Bar Associations
Articles, Presentations, Publications
- EDLA Reminds That Maritime Liens Are Not Automatically Enforceable At Time Of Attachment...But There Are Exceptions, Louisiana Law Blog, August 31, 2016
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act 101 - Who is Covered, Louisiana Law Blog, May 31, 2016.
- Eastern District of Louisiana Reminds Providers of Necessaries to Make Sure that they are Contracting with an Authorized Party to Protect its Maritime Lien, Louisiana Law Blog, March 10, 2016