Retail Litigation / Slip and Fall
Kean Miller LLP represents national, regional and local retailers, drugstores, restaurants, fast food chains, service stations, and supermarkets in the state of Louisiana. As Louisiana counsel, we handle a wide variety of litigation matters for our retail clients. We handle a large volume of litigation involving “slip and fall” claims and personal injury claims for many of the nation’s largest retail operations.
- Representation of a national pharmacy chain in a wide variety of casualty litigation matters, including slip and fall cases, falling merchandise cases, and store security matters.
- Representation of a national department store in a range of casualty litigation matters, slip and falls, falling merchandise cases, and store security matters.
- Representation of a national pharmacy chain in a false arrest claim at trial. The case was filed in East Baton Rouge parish.
- Represenation of a regional fast-food restaurant in a wide variety of slip and fall claims.
- Representation of national video rental company in defending against personal injury claims on the retailer's premises.
- Representation of major pharmacy chain in defending against personal injury claims on the retailer's premises.
- Summary judgment for a national retailer in a slip and fall case in which the court granted our motion based upon LSA-R.S. 9:2800.6, the Louisiana merchant liability statute.
- Dismissal of national retail pharmacy in a slip and fall case where the court granted our motion for summary judgment based on plaintiffs' inability to demonstrate the existence a defect in a shopping basket that allegedly overturned causing injuries to a minor child.
- Obtained summary judgments for a global energy company in slip and fall cases and alleged toxic exposure cases arising out of gasoline station operations.
- Representation of a major gasoline retailer in its alcohol license issues for company owned retail outlets throughout South Louisiana.
- Summary judgment, motions and trials for a national retail store with regard to slip and fall cases and falling merchandise cases.