Rob Dille is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 1994 and practices in the products liability, toxic tort defense, asbestos litigation, and commercial litigation areas. Rob represents industrial and energy industry clients in cases involving toxic tort, chemical exposure, pipeline expropriation, products liability, and class action defense. He has successfully handled hundreds of class action and individual claims involving alleged exposure to asbestos products and other hazardous materials. Rob has extensive experience in complex litigation management and oversees the organization and management of cases involving hundreds of plaintiffs, expert testimony, and thousands of documents. Rob has taken to verdict over 15 bench and jury trials.
Rob is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2013-2016.
- Representation of a global pesticide manufacturer, in two class action lawsuits involving the alleged contamination of crawfish farming fields
- Representation of a global pesticide manufacturer and pesticide distributors in a multi-plaintiff lawsuit involving damage to crawfish wholesalers and processors caused by a rice pesticide. Tried to verdict the claims of 3 bellwether plaintiffs
- Representation of major petrochemical companies in jury trials and settlements involving wrongful death and survival claims brought by plaintiffs who allegedly developed mesothelioma as a result of exposure to asbestos-containing products at petrochemical and paper mill facilities
- Successful representation of a landowner in a trespassing and property damage case against a major utility company
- Representation of major energy companies in all aspects of major pipeline construction, including negotiation of rights of way and acquisition of rights of way via expropriation (eminent domain)
Rob earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1991. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1994.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1994; United States District Court for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Defense Research Institute
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Board of Directors, Executive Board Member, Chairman of Nominating Committee, Boy Scouts of America, Istrouma Area Council
- Member, St. George Elementary School Advisory Committee
- Chairman, A Night of Character BSA Fundraiser
- Appointed by Juvenile Court Judges to represent children in "child in need of care" cases
- BRSA Soccer Coach
- Treasurer, St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. George Conference
- Past Volunteer, Pro Bono Project, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Past Member, Strengthening Lives Committee, Community Partnership Division, Capital Area United Way
- Past Chairman, Workplace Giving, Capital Area United Way