Shannon Shelton is an associate attorney in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2012 and practices in the legacy oil field, environmental litigation, and commercial litigation groups. Shannon assists in the representation and defense of Fortune 10 energy companies in disputes involving toxic tort exposure, personal injury from Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) and environmental contamination. Prior to joining Kean Miller, Shannon was a judicial intern for Judge Nannette Jolivette Brown of the United States District Court for the Eastern District.
EducationShannon earned her B.A., cum laude, in Psychology and Sociology in 2002 from Loyola University New Orleans. She earned her J.D., magna cum laude, in 2012 from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she was a member of the Loyola Law Review and a William L. Crowe Sr. Scholar. While at Loyola, she was also inducted into the Order of Barristers and actively participated as a member of the Moot Court and Trial Advocacy Programs.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2012; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal
- New Orleans, Louisiana State (Diversity Pipeline Subcommittee, Diversity Outreach to Firms and Judiciary Subcommittee), Federal and American Bar Associations; Defense Research Institute (DRI); Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Women's Energy Network (Southeast Louisiana Chapter); New Orleans Association for Women Attorneys
- Volunteer, Homeless Experience Legal Protection (H.E.L.P)
- Volunteer, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law Moot Court Program
- Volunteer Judge, Judge Richard N. Ware IV Memorial Statewide High School Mock Trial Competition (2012, 2013)
- Volunteer, LSBA/JTBP Suit Up for the Future High School Legal Institute & Internship Program
- Co-Chair, New Orleans Bar Association's Approach the Bench CLE Series
- Panelist, Louisiana State Bar Association's Law School Professionalism Orientation (2013)
- Panelist, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law Professional Success and Networking for Part-Time Students