Todd Rossi is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He practices in the business, litigation and insurance areas. Todd is a seasoned litigator and has represented clients in the industrial, banking, corporate, and other business fields.
Todd is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2008-2009 and 2011-2016.
Todd's experience is varied, and includes representing clients in contract issues, unfair trade practices, shareholder claims, insurance coverage, trust disputes, general business disputes, will contests, tax controversies, and retirement plan litigation. Todd's litigation experience extends to representing shareholders, LLC members, bank officers and directors, fiduciaries, executors, trustees, individuals, and others in business liability and economic loss claims.
Todd also represents policyholders in numerous insurance coverage related situation, extending from circumstances in which insurance companies have reserved their rights to coverage, to denying any obligation to policyholders. Todd is a member of the ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee and has served as an editor on its Annual Insurance Survey. He is a co-author of a chapter in the ABA's "The Reference Handbook on the Comprehensive General Liability Policy."
Todd earned his B.S., summa cum laude, from Manhattan College in 1977. He earned his J.D. in 1981 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. Todd was a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Fred A. Blanche, Jr., Associate Justice, of the Louisiana Supreme Court, from 1981 to 1982. He earned his LL.M. in taxation from New York University School of Law in 1989. Todd has served on the Adjunct Faculty of the LSU Law Center since 1996.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1981; Washington, 1987; United States Court of Appeal, Fifth Circuit, 1982; United States Tax Court, 1990; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, Washington and American Bar Associations
Articles, Publications, Presentations
- Insurance Checklist if Your Business is Sued, Louisiana Law Blog, April 25, 2014
- "Business Advice: The Privilege Stops Here," 42 Louisiana Bar Journal 263; "Professional Advisors: Are They Subject to Fiduciary Liability Under ERISA, " 41 Louisiana Bar Journal 28
- "Taxation of Amounts Received for Personal Injury," 28 Louisiana Bar Journal 409; "Powers of Attorney - Durable Enough to Survive Interdiction?" 44 Louisiana Bar Journal 517
- "Limited Liability Company Members' Immunity From Claims: Advantages Over Corporate Shareholders," 46 Louisiana Bar Journal 122
- Recent Developments in Insurance Coverage Litigation, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Winter 2007 (42:2)
- Recent Developments in Insurance Coverage Litigation, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Winter 2011 (46-2)
- The Reference Handbook on the Comprehensive General Liability Policy, Chapter 7 ("Trigger"), Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, American Bar Association