Troy Charpentier is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 1996 and practices in the litigation group. Troy assists local, regional and national clients in general commercial litigation such as contract claims, lease disputes and landlord/tenant disputes. He represents clients in regulatory matters before the Department of Natural Resources including pipeline permitting and incident response. Troy has extensive experience in pipeline expropriation projects.
- Successful representation of a major Baton Rouge real estate company in more than 100 landlord / tenant disputes involving leases for commercial properties and strip malls
- Successful defense of oil field maintenance company in multi-million dollar personal injury suit
- Successful defense of local company in action for breach of sales contract
- Successful representation of intrastate gas transporter in action to set aside purchase of a portion of strategic petroleum reserve from the United Stated Government
- Successful defense of a national poultry producer in connection with a lawsuit alleging personal injuries caused by consumption of the client's product
- Advised client regarding acquisition of rights of ways for a 75 mile long petroleum products pipeline and provided representation in actions to condemn expropriation rights of way
- Advised client regarding acquisition of rights of way for a 35 mile FERC regulated natural gas pipeline and provided representation in actions to condemn expropriation rights of way
- Advised clients regarding acquisition of rights necessary for construction of underground natural gas storage project and 23 mile long pipeline for storage and transportation of natural gas and represented client in expropriation/condemnation actions in conjunction with that project
Troy earned his B.A. in 1987 from Louisiana State University where he was a Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1991.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1991; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- Member, Education Task Force, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Lector, St. Jude Catholic Church