Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana from offices in Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, we serve the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller has an opening for an Accounts Payable Coordinator in our Baton Rouge office.
This position is responsible for processing client related invoices for payment including check requests and credit cards payments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process client related invoices daily, including check requests: review invoices and required documentation & obtain approval prior to payment. Print & obtains signatures on checks or print to other offices as needed. Answer vendor inquiries.
- Scan all invoices/backup into the accounting system.
- Review bank accounts daily to identify unrecorded cost banking transactions or issues.
- Assists in month-end closing periodically as directed by the AP Supervisor.
- Coordinate credit card purchases when requested. Obtain receipts for proper posting.
- Process firm benefit invoices and maintain Insurance Premium Spreadsheets.
- Assist with the 1099 process ensuring accuracy and completeness of required supporting documentation.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education: high school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Experience: 3 years of accounting experience
- License/Certification Required: None Required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Reconciliation capabilities and experience
- Ability to work independently and timely completion of assigned projects
- Able to be multi- task and work under pressure
- Logical deduction skills
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with all levels of personnel and be a team player
- Maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters
Kean Miller reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Firm desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only qualifications, skills, efforts, duties or responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.”
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.