Accounts Receivable Specialist - Baton Rouge
Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for the timely recording of cash receipts into the firm’s accounting system. This involves working with others in determining the proper allocation and handling of payments and adjustments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Posting of daily incoming payments via check, cash, ACH, credit card and wire.
- Resolution of payments that do not correspond to open balances or amount billed
- Preparation and submission of daily bank deposits.
- Reconciliation of daily AR batches and assist with monthly bank reconciliations, including analyzing identified differences that need further investigation.
- Maintain proper trust accounting; issue disbursements with proper authorization and proper IRS coding for 1099 issuance at year-end and record receipts.
- Process fund transfers and outgoing wires as operator (pending for next level review and approval prior to transmission) for trust accounts and real estate accounts.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting required for Accounts Receivable, including 1099s, Unclaimed Property, Unallocated Funds, etc.
- Provide client billing and payment history, invoice copies, and quarterly accrual amount, as needed.
- Create and deliver monthly rent invoices for subleased spaces.
- Provide date-sensitive financial information for client audit requests.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education: Associate degree or Bachelor’s Degree highly desired
- Experience: 2 to 3 years of accounting experience in a professional services entity or law firm billing experience
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office; Intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience of a comprehensive accounting system preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Reconciliation capabilities and experience
- Ability to work independently and timely completion of assigned projects
- Able to be multi- task and work under pressure
- Advanced data analysis
- Logical deduction skills
- Research capabilities to resolve unidentified payments received
- Ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with all levels of personnel and be a team player
- Maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters
- Able to deal with numerous interruptions during the work day to handle phone calls, emails, in person questions, trust funds transfers and outgoing wires as directed by billing attorneys
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.