Alice L. MillerChief Financial Officer
Alice Miller is the Chief Financial Officer for Kean Miller. She has over thirty years of experience in all aspects of financial and accounting management. Alice has overseen much of Kean Miller’s explosive growth over the past twenty years and is responsible for all accounting and financial functions, including budgeting, financial and managerial reporting, internal control, employee retirement 401K plan management, AFA fee proposals, financial analysis and treasury management. Additionally, she is involved in the firm’s strategic planning process, alternative fee proposal development, and innovative pricing efforts. Prior to joining Kean Miller as Accounting Supervisor in 1993, Alice served as a financial analyst, accounting supervisor, accounting manager, and controller in the manufacturing, transportation, software, chemical, and legal industries in the United States, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Alice supervises a team of accounting professionals and works closely with key management personnel, including special assignments from the firm’s Managing Partner, Management Committee, Compensation Committee, and Strategic Planning Committee.
During her tenure, Kean Miller has tripled in size to become the largest law firm in the Capital Region and one of the top privately-held businesses in Baton Rouge. In addition to her internal role, Alice works closely with the in-house legal departments for local, regional, national and Fortune 500 companies, and with a full range of accounting and financial services vendors.
During her free time, Alice enjoys yoga, gardening, and traveling internationally with her family.
Recent Representative Experience
- Successful consolidation of a multi-million dollar retirement plan to an open-platform provided by one of the largest financial institutions in the retirement industry
- Successful conversion of an existing law firm accounting system to a recognized legal industry platform
- Economic evaluations of law firm mergers, lateral partners, and acquisitions, including the successful expansion of the New Orleans office in January 2006, and Shreveport office in January 2014
Alice received her Master’s degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University in 2002 earning a 3.94 GPA while holding a full-time position as the firm’s Controller. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance and Economics) from Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, Canada in 1983.
- Member, Women Leadership Council Vice President, Capital Area United Way
- Member, LSU CFP Board- Registered Program Advisory Board
- Member, Past Treasurer, Board of Directors, LSU MBA Alumni
- Honoree, Influential Women in Business, Baton Rouge Business Report, 2011