- Kean Miller has represented multiple commercial solar panel installation and leasing companies by providing guidance related to qualifying for and filing for federal and state solar energy tax credits, providing guidance regarding legal issues arising under Louisiana law related to ownership of and security interests in solar panel systems installed on real (immovable) property, and drafting comprehensive lease agreements covering installation, lease, repair, ownership and removal of solar panel systems, including disclosures required under state and federal law.
- Representation of Endicott Biofuels with regard to economic development incentives, industrial real estate acquisitions, corporate documentation, environmental permitting, and governmental agency relations. The new biofuel facility will be located in Harahan, Louisiana. Endicott Biofuels is a diversified biofuels technology company that harnesses the power of innovation, science and technology to enhance the world’s energy sustainability.
- Representation of Agrilectric Power, the United States’ leading operator of rice hull combustion power plants, which utilize a environmentally-friendly biomass waste product, rice hulls, to produce energy.
- Representation of an ethanol development company pursuing the construction of over a 100 MMGPY facility in Louisiana in the areas of energy and contract negotiation.
- Representation of ADA-ES, Inc. in connection with the development of a new facility located in Red River, Parish. ADA Environmental Solutions develops and commercializes innovative technologies to sustain the viability of coal as a critical national resource. They provide cost-effective products to reduce emissions, increase efficiency and improve the competitive position of their customers
- Representation of two separate pet-coke gasification projects (one for chemical production and one for syngas production) with respect to environmental permitting, CO2 marketing for EOR, pipeline regulatory, environmental impact analysis, energy regulatory and assistance with other aspects of project financing and development.
- Project local counsel for a $10 billion Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) export terminal in Cameron Parish, Louisiana. The facility will process 1.7 billion cubic feet per day. Kean Miller represented the owner in the transaction as Louisiana real estate counsel, Louisiana energy regulatory counsel, and Louisiana and federal environmental counsel
- Successfully obtained Title V, PSD, and LPDES permits for a $4 billion ethylene cracking and derivatives complex and an adjacent gas-to liquids complex in Calcasieu Parish. Kean Miller represented the owner as Louisiana real estate counsel, Louisiana and federal environmental counsel, Louisiana tax and environmental incentives counsel, Louisiana energy regulatory counsel, and Louisiana construction law counsel. Kean Miller acted as Louisiana counsel representing the client in connection with financing of the ethylene/derivatives complex.
- Project counsel to a Fortune 500 engineering and construction company in connection with cooperative endeavor agreements with the State of Louisiana for the development of a new facility in Lake Charles, Louisiana that will manufacture and distribute industrial parts for the nuclear energy industry.
- Representation of pulp/paper company in connection with federal tax credits for use of alternative fuels.
- Representation of numerous clients in projects using waste heat or off-gases for the production of electricity.
- Representation of NTE Energy in connection with development of hybrid renewable electric generation resources.