Amanda Collura-Day is a partner in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2011 and practices in the litigation group. Amanda represents clients in toxic tort and mass tort actions, business and commercial litigation, civil rights and municipal law, and a wide variety of appellate matters. She has particular expertise in class action litigation involving chemical exposures and catastrophic accidents. Amanda also advises clients in the appellate arena.
Amanda is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2015 - 2023.
- Assisted Trial Counsel in defending high-profile, multiple-plaintiff lawsuits arising out of an explosion and fire at a major Louisiana chemical manufacturing facility. The Kean Miller emergency response and trial teams assisted our client in official notification, evidence preservation, incident investigation, interaction with state and federal regulatory authorities, litigation management, and complex mass joinder and personal injury trial defense in multiple venues, including taking several cases to verdict.
- Assisted in the representation of a major olefins production facility on significant legal issues in the appellate courts and the Louisiana Supreme Court
- Representation of casino in personal injury suit alleging liability for third party criminal conduct
- Representation of municipalities throughout South Louisiana in the defense of federal civil rights suits
- Representation of a municipality against multiple claims of wrongful termination, First Amendment, and retaliation violations
- Representation of a municipal planning commission in a multi-million dollar land-use dispute with a real-estate developer
Amanda received her J.D., magna cum laude, in 2011 from the LSU Law Center where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Amanda was named to the Chancellor's List and was given the CALI Award for the highest grade in Comparative Media Law, Matrimonial Regimes, Commercial Paper, Sales and Real Estate Transactions, Employment Law, Succession and Donations, Louisiana Civil Procedure II, The Legal Profession, Civil Rights Litigation and Labor Law. Amanda received her B.A., summa cum laude, in 2008 from Louisiana State University.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2011; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; and the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations; Propane Gas Defense Association
- Finders, Keepers: Deposition Preparation Material and the Work Product Doctrine in the Fifth Circuit, Texas Law Blog, April 17, 2023
- Injured Plaintiff's Recovery of Imaginary Medical Costs, Louisiana Law Blog, August 17, 2017
- Updates in Louisiana Civil Procedure, LCAA 2014 Fall Conference CLE
- Updates in Louisiana Civil Procedure, LCAA 2013 Fall Conference CLE
- Recent Developments in Louisiana Tort Law, Louisiana City Attorneys Association CLE, Fall 2012
- Ethics and the Attorney Client Privilege for City Attorneys, Louisiana City Attorneys Association CLE, Spring 2012
- Board Member, Brave Heart - Children in Need
- Member, Junior League of Baton Rouge
- Committee Member, Belly Up with the Bar, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2012 - 2013
- Member, Young Lawyers Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, St. George Catholic Church
- Member, Delta Gamma Alumnae, LSU Chapter