Anthony Williams is a partner in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2006 and practices in the admiralty and maritime, construction, toxic tort, gaming industry litigation, and litigation areas. Anthony's experience includes insurance defense, automotive casualty, commercial litigation, transportation law and governmental affairs. Anthony has earned a reputation as a trusted advisor and counselor to his clients, many of whom include the nation's largest corporate entities, by offering thoughtful and practical advice on litigation management, trial strategy and litigation technology. Anthony began his legal career as the first African-American lawyer to practice at New Orleans' Porteous, Hainkel & Johnson and was voted to the partnership of that firm after only four years. He is engaged in the Greater New Orleans community, especially to his alma mater, Jesuit High School, where he has served for the last nine years on Reverend Father President's Advisory Council, including one year as Chairman.
Anthony was selected by New Orleans CityBusiness as a 2013 Leadership in Law Award recipient.
- Representation of an international gaming company in a wrongful death dram shop lawsuit
- Representation of global energy, refining and chemical companies in premises and product liability asbestos-related claims
- Trial defense of large national corporation in a products liability litigation for personal injuries
- Representation of companies and individuals in claims of serious bodily injury arising out of vehicular accidents, premises defects and defective products
- Successful defense of a global energy and petrochemical company in numerous toxic tort and occupational exposure trials in New Orleans Civil District Court, state court and federal court
- Successful representation of a national transportation rental company in litigation involving claims of alleged product defect, personal injury and property damage
- Conducted several hundred depositions of plaintiffs, witnesses, economists, doctors (including neurologists, orthopedics, oncologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and psychologists) and defended hundreds of depositions of clients and lay and expert witnesses
- Successful representation of trucking company in class action involving allegations of exposure following a chemical spill - proposed class denied at certification hearing
Anthony earned his B.A. in 1996 from Tulane University where he was a Dean's Honor Scholar and captain of the varsity baseball team. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in May 1999.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2000; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Hurricane Litigation Seminar, 2006, Springfield, MO.
- CLE presentation at ANPAC Annual MIST/SIU/Litigation Training Conference, 2005.
- Board Member, Delores T. Arthur School for Young Men
- Member, Board of Directors, The Catholic Foundation
- Member, President's Advisory Council, Jesuit High School
- Junior Judges Program, Louisiana Bar Association, 2004
- Paneled speaker discussing resume writing and expectations/etiquette of summer law clerks, 2005
- Judge, Speech and Debate Night at the Stuart Hall School for Boys, 2002-2003
- Trial Judge, Louisiana State University Law Center Trial Advocacy Program, 2005
- New Orleans Metropolitan Leadership Council, Class of 2002