Ben K. JumonvilleSenior Associate
Ben Jumonville is a senior associate in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2015 and practices in the business and corporate group.
Ben is listed in The Best Lawyers in America as a One to Watch from 2021-2023.
- Representation of an e-commerce platform and affiliated BBQ grill manufacturing entity in a joint sale of businesses to a private equity group
- Assisted in the preparation and negotiation of several procurement and construction agreements for multi-million dollar industrial projects
- Assisted in the representation of a publicly traded pipeline company in connection with +$250MM divestiture of pipelines and certain industrial facilities
- Represented grocery store chain in the acquisition of local store and negotiation of shopping center lease agreement
- Served as lead counsel to employee-owned manufacturing business in connection with stock sale of the company
- Experienced in handling employment agreements, services agreements and organizational documents for companies across a diverse range of industries and business sectors
- Represented small businesses and individuals in connection with the acquisitions and sales of various businesses
- Assist lenders and debt purchasers with legal due diligence, collateral review, and opinion letters
Ben earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 2012. He earned his J.D./D.C.L., cum laude, from the LSU Law Center in 2015, where he was a senior associate of the Louisiana Law Review and received the CALI award in Legal Research & Writing.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2015
- Baton Rouge and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- FinCEN Issues Guidance on the Corporate Transparency Act, Louisiana Law Blog, January 11, 2022
- New Changes to Louisiana's Corporate Laws Give Increased Flexibility to Business Corporations, Louisiana Law Blog, October 28, 2020
- Governor Edwards Issues Proclamation Addressing Shareholder Meetings During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, Louisiana Law Blog, April 2, 2020
- Recent Appellate Court Decision Sheds Light on Shareholder Remedies Under the Louisiana Business Corporation Act, Louisiana Law Blog, May 17, 2019
- Record Retention Requirements after a Natural Disaster, Louisiana Law Blog, August 29, 2016
- Terminating Corporate Life in Louisiana, Louisiana Law Blog, January 29, 2016
- Sharp Curves Ahead: Analyzing the Law of Dedication to Public Use in Louisiana in Light of Webb v. Franks Investment Co., 75 La. L. Rev. 905 (2015)
- Minority Shareholders Receive Increased Protections under New Louisiana Corporate Law, LLR Lagniappe, April 7, 2015
- Co-Chair of the Business and Corporate Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Charles W. Lamar Jr. YMCA