With 170 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller is seeking a Billing Coordinator to work in our Accounting Department in our Baton Rouge, New Orleans, or Houston office.
- Compiles accurate timekeeper hours and client costs for billing every month or as directed by the billing attorney.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney requests.
- Submits invoices to accounts receivables if directed by attorneys to apply retainer/trust funds.
- Executes complex bills in a timely manner.
- Analyzes client write-downs of bills and works with attorneys on appeals.
- Processes write-downs in accordance with Firm policy.
- Reviews and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Researches and responds to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Reviews new matters set up daily and verify/enter billing instructions for all new matters.
- Coordinates with billing attorney billing rates, billing instructions and special billing requirements mandated by clients.
- Maintain and be familiar with client billing guidelines for all assigned clients; keeps others in Billing department informed of changes.
- Create new client billing guidelines as needed.
- Create billing schedules and produce billing proforma analysis as requested by attorney.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and billing software for billing and reporting.
- Assist in preparing documentation and responses for legal inquiries, litigation and audits when necessary.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- 2 years’ experience working in a professional services firm. Law firm experience a plus.
- Experience with electronic billing software is preferred
- Able to work under pressure, independently as well as with a team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills is a must.
- Highly responsive to emails and requests for information.
- Excellent communication skills are required with both attorneys and staff to ensure accurate and timely billing is accomplished.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products, with strong focus on Excel.
- Experience with a comprehensive accounting system a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please send a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.