Kean Miller, one of the top 250 law firms in the United States and the largest law firm in Baton Rouge, has an immediate opening for a Chief Information Officer in our downtown Baton Rouge office. This senior level position develops and executes the Firm’s technology strategy, directs all aspects of IT operations (Infrastructure/Operation, Telecommunications & Networking, Training, End-user Services, e-Discovery, Application Development, Application Support, Data Security, Enterprise Cybersecurity) and advises on technologies and trends relevant to the Firm’s growth, strategic initiatives and evolving needs.
IT Infrastructure, Controls, Operations and Strategy
- Oversee day-to-day operations and integration between reporting teams including technology architecture, applications, user services and training
- Ensure systems are reliable and performing well, and deliver applications and services that are reliable, secure and functioning well
- Direct daily operations of the technology department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines
- Drive continuous improvement and operational efficiency, and deliver value to the end-users
- Develop the Firm’s strategic technology roadmap and prioritize initiatives to ensure that information technology is cohesive with the overall Firm vision and objectives
- Responsible for the strategy, design, maintenance, and training for the Firm’s audio-visual platform
- Ensure internal support teams and third-party vendors provide users with excellent helpdesk and desk-side support
- Effectively manage the hiring, retention, continuing education, and training of all IT team members
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing team, and inspire a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Conduct regular staff meetings, annual performance appraisals and on-going feedback sessions with all IT staff
- IT Cyber Security, Risk, Compliance and Audit Management
- Responsible for advancing the Firm’s cyber-aware culture and maintaining operational vigilance to reduce risk, ensure compliance with client requirements, and protect Firm and client data
- Lead proactive assessments and audits of the information security environment with internal and external partners to ensure compliance with Firm and client information security requirements
- Evaluate and report on information security risks in a manner that ensures compliance with client and regulatory requirements and aligns with and supports Firm objectives and standards
- Work collaboratively with the Firm’s General Counsel with regard to cyber insurance and insurance-related matters involving cyber risk
- Develop the Firm’s business continuity plan and lead tabletop exercises to ensure the Firm is prepared for security or disaster-related incidents
- Responsible for all client audits as well as all client-generated security questionnaires
Change and Innovation Management
- Create and accelerate innovative and digital transformation initiatives that streamline and automate legal and administrative processes to increase overall workflow efficiencies
- Cultivate and maintain strong lines of communication with end-users and business partners, and continuously seek ways to innovate and improve business operations and enable the Firm to better serve its clients
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 15+ years of experience in a leadership position, managing technology, information, and people, in a professional services environment, preferably a law firm
- Ability to evaluate proposals from system architects and vendors and validate desired outcomes of Firm software applications and programs such as Microsoft on-premises and cloud products and management tools, as well as, VMware, Veeam, Cisco, NetDocuments (or similar document management systems), Aderant (or similar time and billing software), Mimecast, and network security solutions such as CrowdStrike and telecommunication technologies
- Experience at a director level leading all areas of the information technology functions including data centers, infrastructure and application services, desk-side and support operations, and security
- Expert in IT strategy, plan development, and project execution, with an appropriate hands-on leadership style
- Superior knowledge and management in developing IT budgets, including forecasting and financial operations best practices
- Excellent project management skills and a track record of completing projects on time and on schedule
- Ability to make solid, proactive recommendations that leverage technology to enhance both internal and external client service
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated success collaborating and leading in a highly consensus-driven organization
- Interact credibly and diplomatically with all levels of the Firm and tailor communications for different audiences
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to manage others to respond to deadlines
- Critical thinking, analytical and observational skills, to address key issues quickly and solve problems
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller offers the opportunity to build your career by working with 190 attorneys in a dynamic and collaborative office environment.
Kean Miller provides competitive salaries, a robust benefits package, and a collegial, supportive work environment.
About Kean Miller
Kean Miller is one of the largest and best recognized law firms in the Gulf South region. For 40 years, the Firm has been innovating and growing, revolutionizing the standards for excellence in client service, and earning numerous awards for its market-leading practices and thoughtful and creative legal representation. Consistently named to the National Law Journal’s NLJ 500 and the Law 360 Top 400 lists, Kean Miller is Mansfield 5.0 certified, an honor bestowed for a select group of law firms which demonstrate a genuine commitment to diversity in the legal profession. The Firm’s collaborative culture, people-first approach, and devotion to quality are foundational to the Firm’s continued success, reflecting its reputation in the market. From the Firm’s eight offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Shreveport, Lake Charles, Houston, and The Woodlands, and 190 attorneys, Kean Miller delivers sophisticated and practical counsel to Fortune 500 leaders, national businesses, and local companies.
How to Apply
Please submit a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.