Reporting to the Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Information Officer will execute the Firm’s strategy in regard to technology architecture, project and systems management, security, application development, end-user services, e-Discovery, and technology training in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The CIO must be a clear communicator and possess outstanding skills to manage people, projects and processes, and be adept at collaborating and providing a high-level of service to the various stakeholders across the Firm. The director is a leader with overall responsibility for the effective functioning of all technology services in support of the Firm’s operations and client requirements.
The CIO is responsible for the strategy, design, maintenance and training for the Firm’s audio-visual platform. The CIO will work with various groups within the Firm to understand the need for a collaborative audio-visual environment, leveraging existing platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
The primary functions are all part of three core groups:
Security – Continue the focus on security and threat awareness. Develop staff and user training to assist in the prevention of external attacks and internal compromises. Emphasis on reporting and data loss prevention and client questions regarding the security posture of the Firm.
Technology – In addition to the current day-to-day responsibilities to support users. The CIO will direct future technology initiatives, including cloud strategy and user training, manage vendor relationships, lead the technology team, and manage the departmental budgeting.
Analysis – Provide support to the Firm (including the accounting, human resources, records, facilities and business development departments) through use of technology, including reporting, AI, and forecasting. The Firm has a unique opportunity to take the data that is present and turn that into a viable, working tool to support the firm and its future growth.
- Establish goals to enable the achievement of the Firm’s and technology strategies
- Drive the future state blueprint delivering cohesive enterprise architecture (internal infrastructure, contract service relationships, cloud, etc.), including enterprise-wide business processes and data elements
- Build close partnerships with each user and department by delivering solutions that create value for the overall organization
- Establish a governance model that drives standards around decision-making, as well as prioritization. Manage technology service delivery to defined SLAs/KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement, operational efficiency and deliver value to the end-users
- Develop and drive a human capital management strategy, building skills and capabilities needed for success, as well as infuse the technology organization with stronger competency and leadership skills
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff that is user-focused, encourages creativity, drives performance, and effectively develops and rewards key performers.
- Minimize corporate risk by ensuring effective controls (IP security, systems access, advanced persistent threat, etc.).
- Oversee day-to-day operations and integration between reporting teams including technology architecture, applications, user services and training
- Ensure systems are reliable and performing well, deliver applications and services that are reliable and functioning well
- Ensure support teams and vendors provide users with excellent helpdesk and desk-side support
- Promote awareness, usage and staff proficiency, through the development and execution of effective training programs
- Develop auditable practices for ensuring and reporting compliance with policies, with a process for escalating exceptions
- Monitor and remediate security risks; manage incident response
- Oversee information systems operations, including LAN, WAN, backup, security, disaster recovery and user help systems
- Direct daily operations of the technology department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Collaborate with other Firm leaders, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems within existing operations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field required
- Experience managing security and information governance business requirements and Data Loss Prevention policy enforcement functions
- 10+ years of experiencing managing technology, information and people, with a least 7 years in a law firm.
- Previous director-level technology management preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and attorneys with high regard for confidentiality and diplomacy
- Ability to identify complex problems and implement effective solutions
- Excellent project management skills and a track record of completing projects on time
- Ability to evaluate proposals of system architects and vendors and validate desired outcomes, based on familiarity the features and capabilities of current versions of Microsoft on-premises and Cloud products and management tools, as well as, VMware, Veeam, Cisco, NetDocuments, Mimecast, and shared storage, networking and telecommunication technologies
Kean Miller provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off, and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline and discharge.
Qualified candidates, please email your confidential resume to email@example.com