Christopher J. MatulisAssociate
Chris Matulis is an associate in the Houston office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2019 and practices in the litigation group, where he primarily represents clients in general litigation including, products liability, commercial and business litigation, Louisiana Workers Compensation, medical malpractice, premise liability, and personal injury defense. Since joining the firm, Chris has also assisted in preparing condominium declarations, real estate zoning applications, real estate litigation, commercial collections, intellectual property claims, toxic torts, business transactions, contract negotiations, and conflict of laws matters.
Prior to joining Kean Miller, Chris played baseball for LSU and was a member of the 2009 National Championship team. Between undergrad and law school, he pitched professionally in the Milwaukee Brewers' system. After graduating law school, Chris went on to defend clients in a variety of areas such as personal injury, insurance coverage disputes, the Defense Base Act, Longshore Harbor and Workers’ Compensation Act, and Louisiana Workers Compensation.
- Successful defense of Texas Trucking Company in dispute with independent contractor claiming entitlement to Louisiana Workers Compensation benefits
- Successful representation of real estate developer in application for re-zoning of large commercial property and drafting condominium declarations
- Successful defense verdicts in medical malpractice claims in Louisiana
- Representation of Fortune 500 manufacturer and subsidiaries on national basis in claims of serious bodily injury and death arising out of conveyor accidents
- Representation of Fortune 500 oil companies in toxic tort litigation
- Representation of individuals and numerous companies, including restaurants, manufacturers/distributors, retailers, and casinos, in claims of serious bodily injury arising out of vehicular accidents, premises defects, and defective products
- Representation of athletes in contracts and advice related to business and marketing.
- Representation of musician in royalty dispute against former manager
- Representation of entrepreneur in business reorganization, contract drafting, and dispute resolution
- Representation of member of limited liability company in pursuing claim of breach of fiduciary duty.
Chris earned his B.A. from the University of Central Florida in 2013. He earned his J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 2017.
- Louisiana, 2017; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association; Baton Rouge Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Centralized Sales and Use Tax Collection Proposal Submitted by Local Associations, Louisiana Law Blog, October 23, 2020
- Volunteer, Live to Serve