With 175 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller is hiring for a part-time, reduced hour Commercial Real Estate & Corporate Transactional Paralegal to work in our Baton Rouge office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting leases, purchase contracts, easements, deeds, and other real property related documents
- Reviewing legal descriptions, surveys, title commitments and exception documents
- Proofreading legal documents to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Analyzing and summarizing real estate documents
- Coordinating and preparing real estate closing documents for review by attorneys (i.e. escrow instructions, deeds, easements, owner’s affidavits, closing certificates, entitlements and statements)
- Support all aspects of real estate transactions, including review of title documents, surveys and plats and drafting title objection letters and responses
- Assist in contract/document review, control and management and updating of contract forms
- Coordinating and managing transactional closings, including mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and financing
- Organizes corporate records and conducts due diligence review
- Preparing and maintaining closing checklists and binders
- Preparing all documents required to form corporations, limited liability companies and other business entities
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years of related legal experience in a law firm or in a corporate legal department
- Familiarity with legal contracts and related terminology
- Familiar with research resources and electronic filing
- Organized, detail oriented and thorough, and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Able to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.