With 185 attorneys from offices in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level. Kean Miller is hiring for a Commercial Real Estate Transactional Legal Secretary to work in our Lafayette office.
Candidate should have strong commercial real estate transactional experience. Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of reviewing and analyzing title and survey documents, title policies and endorsements and preparing related work product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft conveyance, loan, and closing documents for review and revision by supervising attorney.
- Prepare preliminary and final HUD.
- Conduct title search, analyze title reports, review surveys and work to resolve title exceptions, facilitate payoffs and reconveyances, and collecting all required documentation.
- Prepare title commitments and policies along with calculation of premiums.
- Disburse closing funds, including initiating wires and disburse funds.
- Manage recording process for security liens such as deeds/mortgages, modifications, and UCC financing statements.
- Track post-closing matters, including status of recorded documents and final title policies, and manage transmission of all recorded documents to lenders and owners.
- Assist in the preparation of other transactional documents, including purchase and sale agreements, commercial lease agreements and amendments, easements, and general agreements.
- Maintain and track schedules and calendars for attorneys, arrange meetings and conference calls, and coordinate travel arrangements
- Process expenses and/or invoices for payment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in a law firm, legal department, commercial title company or financial institution
- Pro-active self-starter who takes ownership of their role
- Organized, detail oriented and thorough, and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with a document management system and MS Office Suite
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, paid parking, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.