Kean Miller has an immediate opening for document review contract attorneys. The primary duty of an eDiscovery document reviewer is to evaluate documents to determine whether the records are relevant to a particular case, are confidential and/or privileged.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience in electronically reviewing documents in complex litigation matters preferably using Relativity or Nuix Discover.
- Review and code documents for responsiveness, relevancy, confidentiality, privilege, and other issues related to the matter
- Strong attention to detail/ability to prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking skills and ability to retain complex work direction
- Oversee progress of work to ensure delivery of all work product is within established timeframes and quality standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current active membership and good standing with any State Bar
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited Law School
- Position is a temporary contract position
- Duration of project is estimated at three (3) months, possibly longer
- Must be able to commit to a min of 30 hours per week
- Pay rate: $35-45per hour DOExperience
- Position requires work to be done in our downtown Baton Rouge office
Recent graduates with bar admission, who desire an engaging work environment where you are valued and respected, seeking experience in eDiscovery reviews are highly encouraged to apply.
About Kean Miller
Kean Miller is one of the largest and best recognized law firms in the Gulf South region. For 40 years, the Firm has been innovating and growing, revolutionizing the standards for excellence in client service, and earning numerous awards for its market-leading practices and thoughtful and creative legal representation. Consistently named to the National Law Journal’s NLJ 500 and the Law 360 Top 400 lists, Kean Miller is Mansfield 5.0 certified, an honor bestowed for a select group of law firms which demonstrate a genuine commitment to diversity in the legal profession. The Firm’s collaborative culture, people-first approach, and devotion to quality are foundational to the Firm’s continued success, reflecting its reputation in the market. From the Firm’s eight offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Shreveport, Lake Charles, Houston, and The Woodlands, and 190 attorneys, Kean Miller delivers sophisticated and practical counsel to Fortune 500 leaders, national businesses, and local companies.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.