With more than 200 attorneys from offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller is hiring for a Corporate Business Transactional Paralegal to work in our New Orleans office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting the legal team with licensing applications, general business transactions and contracts relative to local and national restaurants, bars, clubs, and hotels in land use and business licensing matters.
• Drafting, reviewing, and filing corporate and transactional documents including entity formations, resolutions, consents, certificates, licensing approvals, and regulatory filings
• Supporting attorneys and clients through all phases of corporate, M&A and real estate transactions, including preparing documents, due diligence, and assisting with closing and post-closing documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Paralegal certification a plus
• Experience or working knowledge with business licensing and corporate transactions
• Ability to navigate work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines with strong organizational skills, and work effectively under pressure on time-sensitive projects
• Pro-active self-starter who takes ownership of their role
• Phenomenal organizational ability
• Resourceful and creative problem solver
• Able to maintain confidentiality
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.