Elisabeth Prescott is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She practices in the real estate and construction groups, most frequently handling commercial real estate transactions, including mixed-use and other retail development, drafting and negotiating commercial purchase agreements and leases, and related financing opinions. Elisabeth has extensive experience serving as real estate counsel for national and global industrial clients and managing associated real estate matters including title examinations, industrial development and related due diligence, construction and service-related agreements and pipeline agreements and engineering procurement. With increased national dialogue relating to renewable and alternative energy sources, Elisabeth has advised solar energy clients and landowners as to related issues, including the siting and construction of solar energy generation facilities and transmission infrastructure, land acquisition, leasing, environmental regulation and permitting. While her practice is primarily transactional, Elisabeth has considerable commercial litigation experience, particularly representing local, regional, national and global companies in defense and pursuit of construction-related claims and defense of premises liability claims.
Elisabeth was listed as a Rising Star by Louisiana Super Lawyers in 2012 and 2013.
- Managed and served as real estate counsel to national industrial client in the company’s $2,100,000,000 sale of its interest in a Louisiana based plant as well as its transfer of over 500 acres of associated undeveloped land, including all title work and associated due diligence as well as drafting all agreements to document the transfer of all critical assets and maintenance of certain pipeline assets and related facilities
- Representation of a global chemical company with regard to acquisition of real estate in connection with the company’s multi-million dollar expansion in Louisiana
- Representation of a local physician group in the $10,000,000+ sale of a 24,000 square foot medical office building to a self-managed health care REIT
- Representation of a nationally ranked shopping center development corporation in negotiating office, retail and restaurant leases for mixed-used real property development
- Defended Fortune Global 100 company, during a two-week jury trial of a $20,000,000 premises liability claim, and secured, after a thirty-minute jury deliberation, a complete defense verdict which verdict was upheld on appeal by the Louisiana Third Circuit
- Representation of a high-end retail development in the negotiation of a complex lease agreement with a national engineering firm for 14,000 square feet of office space
- Represented global chemical company in the drafting and negotiation of numerous industrial service, purchases, consulting and pipeline operating and maintenance agreements
- Representation of industrial and commercial owners in all phases of construction project contracting and procurement
- Project local counsel for national bank in connection with drafting and negotiation of construction loan documents pertinent to the over $48,000,000 acquisition and development of a Louisiana based shopping center
Elisabeth earned her B.B.A. in Finance, summa cum laude, from the University of West Georgia in 1998. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia in 2001.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2001; Texas, 2018; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; International Council of Shopping Centers; CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Network; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; DRI
- April 7, 2020 Update to CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program, Louisiana Law Blog, April 7, 2020
- April 6, 2020 Update to CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Plan, Louisiana Law Blog, April 6, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Putting the CARES Act to Work for Your Business, Kean Miller Webinar, April 2, 2020
- CARES Act Offers Much Needed Hope to Small Businesses, Louisiana Law Blog, March 30, 2020
- Landlord and Tenant Rights and Obligations in Light of Louisiana Flooding, Louisiana Law Blog, August 17, 2016
- What Do Drones, the U.S. Open, September 11, and the National Association of Realtors Have in Common?, Louisiana Law Blog, September 11, 2015
- Baton Rouge Business Report's "40 Under 40"
- Assistant Examiner, Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions (2011 to present)
- Director, Volunteers in Public Schools
- Member, Louisiana Association of Business and Industry Small Business Council
- Member, Greater Baton Rouge Realtors Association
- Member, International Council Shopping Centers
- Past President, Board of Directors, Charles W. Lamar YMCA
- Baton Rouge Ballet Theater - Guild and Steering Committee