Elizabeth Wilson is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2017 and practices in the health law group.
Elizabeth counsels and represents healthcare providers in a variety of business, corporate, administrative, regulatory, and litigation issues, including licensing, physician transactions and contracting, and reimbursement. Her experience in health care administrative, regulatory and litigation issues includes providing fraud and abuse advice and defense, compliance advice and compliance investigation and HIPAA compliance.
- Representation of health care providers in transactional, corporate, and regulatory compliance matters, assisting these providers in state surveys and preparing plans of correction
- Representation of health care providers in all types of billing, disputes, as well as in Medicare, Medicaid, and Third Party Payor appeals, audits, and post-payment recoupment matters
- Representation involving Medicare recoupment audit, resulting in a reduction in recoupment from an original demand of over $1,000,000 to under $20,000
- Representation of healthcare provider in ZPIC, RAC, MAC, and QIO Medicare audits, which included collecting and producing records, summarizing medical histories, drafting appeals submissions, and appearing before administrative courts
- Previously served as Corporate Counsel for a Louisiana licensed ambulatory surgery center, pain management clinic, and medical spa
- Experience litigating disputes with commercial insurance companies in various courts as a result of improper payments and denials
- Drafted and negotiated the terms of corporate transactional documents, including articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, operating agreements, vendor agreements, licensing agreements, cooperative endeavor agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, asset purchase agreements, and stock purchase agreements
Elizabeth earned her B.A. from Louisiana State University in 2004. She earned her J.D./B.C.L. from the LSU Law Center in 2007, where she was a member of the Trial Advocacy Team. While at LSU, Elizabeth was inducted to the Wex Maone Chapter of American Inns of Court, 2006.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2007; United States District Court, Eastern and Middle District of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- New Orleans (Health Law Section), Louisiana and American (Health Law Section) Bar Associations; American Health Lawyers Association; Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners; Baton Rouge Medical Group Management Association
- Louisiana Business Owners Could Receive Premium Reductions by Requesting "Mid-Term Audits" from their Insurers, Louisiana Law Blog, May 11, 2020
- Patient Phone Calls, To Record or Not to Record?, Louisiana Law Blog, September 30, 2019