Emily Breaux WrightAssociate
Emily Breaux Wright is an associate in the Lafayette office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2023 after practicing for several years as a commercial litigation and transactional attorney. Emily joins Kean Miller as part of the business, corporate and real estate groups. Emily focuses her practice on real estate transactions, business entity formations, commercial loan transactions, title insurance, corporate transactions, and healthcare matters. She is a Licensed Title Insurance Agent.
Before attending law school, Emily was a real estate practitioner and represented buyers and sellers in both commercial and residential transactions as well as commercial leasing. While in law school, Emily served as Editorial Board Editor of the Loyola Law Review. She also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Phyllis M. Keaty of the Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal.
Emily has experience in real estate and business transactions, representing both buyers and sellers in negotiating and drafting complex transaction contracts and leases, loan transactions involving loan agreements and collateral documents involving real estate and other assets, and advising and counseling on general business matters including entity formation, employment agreements, and non-competition agreements.
Additionally, Emily has experience in healthcare industry transactions and contracts, including, but not limited to, physician recruitment agreements, physician employment agreements, sales of practices, advice regarding physicians departing practice groups, and general business formation and healthcare matters.
Emily is listed in The Best Lawyers in America as a One to Watch for 2024.
- Representation of creditors in collection matters, preparation and filing of liens, and representation in bankruptcy.
- Representation of various homeowners’ associations in collection of fees and dues, enforcement of covenants and restrictions, filing of liens, and drafting and preparation of amendments to association declarations.
- Representation of a large, national retailer in a lease dispute with a tenant, including successfully defending the retailer’s lease agreement before the Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Representation of large, nationwide property management company, advising on a myriad of issues including, but not limited to, leasing, MSAs, employment matters, and general lessors’ rights and obligations.
Emily earned her J.D., cum laude, from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2016. She earned her B.G.S. in Communications and Public Relations from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 2010.
Admitted, Louisiana, 2016; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- REALTOR Association of Acadiana
- CASA of SoLA, Vice President, Board Member
- St. Thomas More Catholic High School Alumni Association, Board Member