Eric R. Thiergood, Sr.Partner
Eric Thiergood is a partner in The Woodlands office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2020 and practices in the business, corporate, and real estate group. Eric’s practice includes corporate transactional work including mergers and acquisitions; private capital raises; entity selection, structuring, formation, operation, and dissolution; and commercial financing (both lender and borrower side). He also regularly handles large commercial real estate and commercial office condominium projects (buying, selling, leasing, and developing) and other complex corporate and contract matters.
Eric is a trusted advisor to business leaders not only in The Woodlands and greater Houston area but, throughout the US and abroad, bringing a wealth of sophisticated business, corporate, financing, and real estate experience to clients ranging from banks and real estate developers, to business owners and executives. Eric has also been appointed a special outside counsel for one of the largest publicly traded companies in the United States and globally. He is also fluent in Spanish, which he utilizes when working with his Spanish speaking-international clients.
Eric is a member of the Leadership Montgomery County class of 2009.
- Lead counsel on complex syndicated lending transactions for loan amounts ranging from $300,000,000 to $2,000,000,000
- Lead counsel in complex mergers and acquisitions ranging from $500,000 to $61,000,000
- Lead counsel on commercial real estate acquisition, development, and construction loans ranging from $900,000 to $58,000,000
- Lead counsel on Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities loans ranging from $5,250,000 to $41,000,000
- Lead counsel on HUD Multifamily construction loans ranging from $22,000,000 to $39,000,000,000
- Lead counsel on SBA 7(a) and 504 loans ranging from $400,000 to $5,000,000
- Appointed as special outside counsel for the negotiation of a complex services agreement by and between two of the top 15 largest companies in the world.
- Appointed a special outside counsel in the negotiation of an international property management agreement with an annual contract value of $300 million.
- Negotiated and finalized numerous separation and severance agreements for highly compensated executives of global energy companies and accounting firms
Eric earned his BSW from Midwestern State University in 1995. He earned his J.D. from South Texas College of Law in 2006.
- Admitted, Texas
- Texas State Bar Association; Woodlands Bar Association; Montgomery County Bar Association
- Board Member, Montgomery County Community Foundation, 2019 - present
- Board Member, Yes to Youth - Montgomery County Youth Services, 2018 - present
- Board Member, Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 2018 - present
- Member, South Texas College of Law Alumni Association
- Member, Midwestern State University Alumni Association
- Member, The Church at Creek's End