Gary Graphia is of counsel to Kean Miller LLP. He re-joined the firm in 2013 and practices in the business, corporate, and litigation strategy groups. A partner in the firm until 1999, Gary served as Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary of The Shaw Group Inc. (NYSE:SHAW/now CB&I) from 1999 until 2007. After building and managing one of the largest corporate legal departments in the region, he was elevated to Executive Vice President for Corporate Development and Strategy where he was responsible for a number of administrative and functional departments. During his tenure, Gary oversaw a number of high profile projects including Shaw's acquisition of Stone & Webster, the company's acquisition of IT Group, and Shaw's investment in Westinghouse. In 2008 he became the company's Chief Operating Officer until he retired from the company in May 2012.
Gary has effectively and creatively managed regional, national, and global projects involving teams of in-house counsel, outside counsel, corporate leadership, major financial institutions, Wall Street banks, global accounting and audit professionals, insurers, and credit rating agencies. He has overseen numerous corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, and public capital market transactions.
Gary most recently served his home state of Louisiana as Executive Counsel to Governor Bobby Jindal.Education
Gary earned his B.S. in Finance from Louisiana State University in 1984. He earned his J.D. with honors, from the LSU Law Center in 1991, where he was Managing Editor of the Louisiana Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif, and a member of Phi Kappa Phi.Admissions
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1991
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Baton Rouge General Hospital, 2010-2012; 2013
- Board of Trustees, LSU Law Center, 2003 - 2009; 2013
- Pennington Biomedical Center Foundation, 2010-2011
- Board of Trustees, Desire Street Ministries, 2008-2009
- Board of Directors, Louisiana Arts and Science Museum, 2002-2007; President, 2006-2007
- Board of Directors, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, 2003
- Sigma Chi Alumni Association
- Member, St. George Catholic Church