Gwen P. HarmonSpecial Counsel
Gwen Harmon is special counsel in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2019 and practices in the electronic discovery, ESI and environmental litigation groups.
Gwen has over 20 years of experience in e-discovery in both federal and state courts. Her experience includes complex multi-party litigation involving large-scale document reviews including matters involving products liability claims, toxic tort, nation-wide class actions as well as environmental regulatory compliance.
Gwen's experience in the e-discovery area includes working with clients to identify custodians, establishing search terms, and formulating search queries. She has an extensive background in developing document review protocols for review teams, developing privilege log descriptions, privilege log preparation, and developing and negotiating search terms with opposing counsel. She has broad involvement in management, training and supervision of document review teams, management of privilege review, as well as hands-on review of privileged documents and potentially privileged documents. Gwen's far-reaching practice includes identification of significant documents for use at trial, disposition and settlement, and experience as lead document reviewer.
Gwen earned her B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1988. She earned her J.D. from LSU Law Center in 1992.
Baton Rouge and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- LSU Banking, Commercial and Consumer Law Seminar, Spring 1996
- Louisiana Banker's Association Bank Counsel Conference, 1996
- Baton Rouge Bar Association Consumer Credit Law Update, Spring 1997
- Executive Committee Member, Baton Rouge Empty Bowls Fundraiser, Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank
- Board Member and Co-Founder, Aquinas League of Baton Rouge
- Past Chairman, Baton Rouge Bar Association Youth Education Committee
- Volunteer, Canine Companions for Independence