Hattie Guidry is an associate in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2014 and practices in the environmental and litigation groups.
- Representation of oil and gas companies in claims for personal and property damage resulting from historic oil and gas exploration and production activities, commonly known as oilfield legacy litigation, including claims of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (or “NORM") contamination, soil contamination, shallow groundwater contamination, drinking water aquifer contamination, and claims of land loss and erosion
- Representation of companies in claims of coastal wetlands land loss and subsidence in the Louisiana Coastal Management Zone, brought by landowners and governmental entities pursuant to the Federal and Louisiana Coastal Zone Management Acts (CZMA)
- Representation of major oil and gas companies in oil field legacy cases involving Louisiana’s Act 312, as well as claims for alleged breaches of mineral leases, surface leases, and the Louisiana Mineral Code
- Facilitation of large-scale discovery efforts in oil field legacy and land loss litigation, including evidence preservation, electronic searches, collection, review and analysis, and production of massive amounts of company documents
- Assisted in the firm’s representation of a major chemical production facility in litigation arising from an explosion and fire at a facility
Hattie earned her B.S., summa cum laude, from Northwestern State University in 2011. She earned her J.D./D.C.L. from the LSU Law Center in 2014, where she was named to the Chancellor's List, received the CALI award for Obligations, and was a member of the Trial Advocacy Board.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2014; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2014; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; Women's Energy Network, Southeast Louisiana Chapter; Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association; Louisiana Oil & Gas Association
- ConocoPhillips Indemnity Demand for Environmental Clean-Up Costs Confirmed, Texas Law Blog, October 5, 2018
- Updates in Louisiana Civil Procedure, LCAA 2017 Fall Conference CLE
- Board Member, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Louisiana Chapter
- Flory Trials Judge, Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Past Member, Taste of Louisiana Committee, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
- Board Member, Women's Energy Network, South Louisiana Chapter, Baton Rouge Special Events Director, 2019