Kean Miller LLP is hiring for an HR Coordinator to work in our downtown Baton Rouge office.
The HR coordinator provides support and leadership during the recruitment, staffing and new hire onboarding process. Manage the life cycle of the recruitment process beginning with identifying candidates, facilitating the interview process, aligning the candidate with the needs of the hiring manager or hiring partner and converting the candidate to an employee. The HR coordinator also assists the team with the day-to-day operations and administration of the human resources department.
- Manages the entire recruiting life cycle. Responsible for recruiting, evaluating, scheduling, and conducting interviews, engaging, and converting candidates into employees.
- Partners with the HR leadership team to execute on the HR strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to the HR intern
- Actively participating in all staffing related activities and cross-functional projects.
- Schedules and conducts telephone screenings and interviews; proactively coordinates recruitment efforts for positions within areas of responsibility, including the coordination of interviews with hiring managers
- Works closely with job candidates, external recruiters, headhunters, and other human resources professionals in support of the Firm’s hiring needs. The HR Coordinator manages the flow of candidate through recruitment to on-boarding.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleges, university, and law schools, community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Determine and implement strategic candidate selection strategies and vacancy advertising campaigns.
- Works with Client Services team to prepare and maintain advertising and recruiting materials; ensures the firm’s recruiting website is up to date.
- Monitors market trends and keeps CHRO apprised of trends in attracting and retaining top talent, and other relative industry intelligence.
- Schedule and attend job/career fairs to generate qualified applicants.
- Responsible for all offer and rejection letters.
- Responsible for all follow ups with interviewed candidates.
- Assists in the management of the onboarding process, to include facilitation of new hire paperwork and new hire orientation.
- Assists with, maintains, and updates employee job descriptions.
- Updates new hire employment records using Paylocity software
- Processes employment verifications and reference checks
- Maintains the accuracy, security, and confidentiality of all HR files
- Stays abreast and up to date on recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry and makes recommendations.
- Assists with staff events
- Maintains compliance with federal, state (LA and TX) and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices continuously to ensure compliance.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a HR or administrative type role
- Knowledgeable of HR concepts, policies, and procedures, with clear understanding of legal compliance requirements and employment related laws
- Travel to other offices as necessary
- Superior organization skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive people-person with a drive to succeed
- Service driven, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- PHR or SPHR highly desired
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.