Kean Miller has an immediate opening for Infrastructure Manager based in Baton Rouge.
The Infrastructure Manager works under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer. The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the coordination of the design, installation and connectivity of all computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of all Firm systems. The Infrastructure Manager ensures that all systems are updated and accurate, with oversight and responsibility for uptime, performance and security of such systems. To meet these needs, the Infrastructure Manager may acquire, install or upgrade computer components and software, provide routine automation, maintain security policies, troubleshoot, train and offer technical support for projects. The Infrastructure Manager role is a hands-on working technical and management role.
The Infrastructure Manager will strategically execute department and Firm goals, under the guidance of the Chief Technology Officer, coordinating such goals with other groups throughout the Firm, such as Executive Management, Finance, Records and Facilities, working in a collaborative effort to understand user requirements and development of processes to define goals and process for the success of all initiatives.
The Infrastructure Manager must be able to work with users of varied technical ability and have strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills. The Infrastructure Manager will need to be organized, passionate and goal oriented, using their skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the team. The role also requires the Infrastructure Manager to be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the core infrastructure team, specifically the Network Administrator and System Administrator roles.
The Infrastructure Manager will be required to perform the following duties on a daily basis:
Education and Experience
- Maintain regular, written and in-person communication with all direct reports, ensuring goals and tasks are being met
- Participate fully in the Change Management process
- Maintain an optimally enhanced network and infrastructure, providing performance metrics and reporting on a monthly basis
- Maintain the Firm’s audio-visual infrastructure for all offices
- Direct responsibility for all aspects of security monitoring, reporting and remediation
- Quarterly account and system auditing as assigned
- Primary responsibility for Business Continuity, planning and executing the Firm’s disaster plan in the event of an emergency and the annual testing of such plan
- Oversee all aspects of technology department operations including infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, etc.), database, backup and recovery, as well as regulatory compliance
- System Center Configuration Manager deployment and ensuring the Firm’s image is maintained optimally and updated on a continual basis
- Create and maintain all required documentation on an ongoing basis
- Provide escalated support for the help desk
- Provide guidance on current and future initiatives
- Special projects as assigned
- College degree, technical certifications (CCNA, CCENT, CCNP, MCP or MCSE) or equivalent work experience required
- Prior management experience required
- Project management experience preferred
- Prior work experience in a legal environment preferred
- Should have experience in the following areas:
- Configuration and support of Windows Server 2012 /2016
- Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Office 365 and Exchange Online
- System Center Configuration Manager 2016 or higher
- NetDocuments / iManage document management systems
- Understanding of application architecture and configuration
- Experience with VMware and Citrix virtualization platforms
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Monitoring of both internal and external networks
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of basic project management processes
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and benefits, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off, and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline and discharge.