With more than 165 attorneys, Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana, and the largest in the Capital Region. From offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houston and The Woodlands, we serve the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller is seeking a paralegal to work in either our Baton Rouge office or New Orleans office. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of USPTO rules and procedures and preferably two to five years of IP law firm experience. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have strong communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage a busy docket. Primary responsibilities will include assisting attorneys with filing US patent documents, preparing USPTO forms, updating and managing an IP docket system, drafting correspondence, communicating with clients and providing general administrative support for the office.
- Assist attorney with the preparation, review, modification and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent, trademark and copyright applications and registrations
- Maintain the internal patent, trademark and general IP databases and dockets
- Actively assist and support attorney with IP litigation matters
- Interface with outside patent and trademark counsel on various IP matters
- Review and prepare copyright permission requests for IP counsel
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an IP paralegal or administrative specialist with a law firm or company
- Experience of patent filing and prosecution work experience, including familiarity with registration practice, IPR knowledge, and in-depth knowledge of patent filing and prosecution practices in the USPTO, PCT, and other major jurisdictions worldwide
- Working knowledge of patent docketing software
- Meticulous with good attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Be comfortable working to and taking personal responsibility for managing tight deadlines work well as part of a team
- Be pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews
How to Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com. All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law.