Jeff Boudreaux is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He has a regional practice representing clients in Louisiana and Texas state and federal courts, tribal courts, and in arbitration and administrative proceedings.
Jeff's practice is primarily focused on the design and construction of industrial and commercial projects. He represents commercial developers, industrial owners, design professionals, contractors, material suppliers, product manufacturers, sureties, and lenders. Jeff frequently represents clients before the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors and the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board.
Outside of the construction area, Jeff represents commercial clients in a variety of matters, including ERP software implementation and software distributorship litigation.
Jeff is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2013-2014 in Construction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury-Products: Defense.
Industrial and Heavy Civil Design and Construction
- Representation of general contractor in a dispute with a subcontractor and material supplier arising out of multimillion dollar sewer project for a political subdivision - Middle District of Louisiana
- Representation of an owner of a cryogenic plant in breach of contract and warranty action against valve suppliers - 189th Judicial District, Houston, TX
- Representation of an international pipeline owner in design defect litigation relating to the original construction of a $500 million natural gas pipeline - 38th Judicial District, Cameron, LA
- Representation of chemical company as owner in an industrial construction dispute arising out of original construction of a multimillion dollar production unit involving productivity and delay damages - 23rd Judicial District, Gonzales, LA
- Representation of A8 qualified general contractor in a delay claim arising out of corps of engineering project and breach of a SBA mentor-protege agreement - 19th Judicial District, Baton Rouge, LA
- Representation of an international engineering company in a dispute with a public sewer and water board arising out of design of a multi-million dollar treatment facility project - Southern District of Mississippi
- Representation of an international geotechnical engineering firm in design defect litigation arising out of a public works project - 27th Judicial District, Opelousas, LA
- Representation of an electrical subcontractor in litigation and arbitration in a multimillion dollar construction defect action relating to a HUD funded multi-family housing project - 19th Judicial District, Baton Rouge, LA and American Arbitration Association
- Representation of a manufacturer of HVAC equipment in a design/construction defect dispute on the public works project for a political subdivision - 22nd Judicial District, Covington, LA
- Representation of a national manufacturer of modular housing in proposed nationwide class action alleging mold and mildew claims - Western District of Louisiana
- Representation of a national coatings manufacturer as owner in construction defect litigation involving new manufacturing facility - 9th Judicial District, Alexandria, LA
- Representation of general contractor and surety in dispute with subcontractors involving delay damages arising out of new construction for St. Bernard Parish School Board - 34th Judicial District, Chalmette, LA
- Representation of a coal fired electric generating plant in a multimillion dollar breach of contract dispute arising out of exclusive ash management agreement in litigation and arbitration - 18th Judicial District, New Roads, LA and American Arbitration Association
- Representation of a Fortune 25 IT Corporation in a multimillion dollar product liability and breach of contract suit arising out of ERP services contracts - Middle District of Louisiana
- Representation of a Fortune 50 IT Corporation in multimillion dollar commercial litigation in federal court relating to exclusive distributorship licensure - Eastern District of Louisiana
Jeff earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1996. He earned his J.D. in 2000 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2000; Texas, 2007; Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana Tribal Court, 2003; Tunica-Biloxi Nation Tribal Court, 2003
- Baton Rouge (Construction Law Section), Louisiana State, Texas State, Houston, Federal and American (Forum on the Construction Industry) Bar Associations; Associated Builders and Contractors; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Louisiana State University Alumni Association
Articles, Publications and Presentations
- Construction Contracts: Do You Know Who You Contracted With?, Louisiana Law Blog, November 2014
- Construction 101, Outside Insight for In-House Counsel Seminar, December 2012
- Delay Claim and the Design Professional, Louisiana Chapter of the AIA Seminar, 2006
- Private Works Act Performance Bonds - Is the Prescriptive Period Enforceable in Louisiana?, Louisiana Law Blog, August 2005
- Board of Directors, Louisiana State University National Diversity Advisory Board, 2010 - 2012
- Board of Directors, ARC Baton Rouge, 2006-2009
- Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge, 2006-2009
- Board of Directors, Serve Baton Rouge!, 2001-2005; 2005 President
- Parishioner, Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church, Baton Rouge
- Recipient, Greater Baton Rouge Business Report, Forty Under 40, 2007