With more than 200 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller has an opening for a Legal Secretary to work in our downtown Baton Rouge office.
The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of state and federal court rules and filing procedures; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; possess excellent organizational, time management, word processing, proofreading, and strong multi-tasking skills.
• Typing emails, letters, correspondence pleadings
• E-File court filings
• Maintain and track schedules and calendars
• Arrange meetings and conference calls
• Open new matters
• Run conflict checks
• Maintain an electronic and paper filing system
• Input time into billing software
• Transcribe dictation
• Skilled typist with excellent grammar and writing abilities
• Prior maritime experience highly preferred
• Familiar with federal and state filing procedures
• Experience with a document management system
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management system
• Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
• 100% Paid health, life and long-term disability insurance
• 100% Paid parking
• Paid time off
• Friday Jeans Day
• VERY generous 401K contribution
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
Kean Miller values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know that prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion contributes to the success of our people and helps us provide superior service to our clients. We have received external recognition of our diverse, welcoming workplace by Diversity Lab through our Mansfield Certification achievement.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.