With 200 attorneys from offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller has an opening for a Legal Secretary to work in our New Orleans office for one Maritime Partner.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Typing emails, letters, correspondence pleadings
- E-File court filings
- Maintain and track schedules and calendars
- Arrange meetings and conference calls
- Open new matters
- Run conflict checks
- Maintain an electronic and paper filing system
- Process expenses and/or invoices for payment
- Input time into billing software
- Transcribe dictation
- Skilled typist with excellent grammar and writing abilities
- Prior maritime experience highly preferred
- Familiar with federal and state filing procedures
- Experience with a document management system
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management system
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, paid parking, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.