With more than 165 attorneys, Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana from offices in New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, we serve the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller has an opening for a Legal Secretary to work in our New Orleans office.
Areas of Practice Needing Support: admiralty and maritime, oil and gas, energy, and corporate litigation.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Draft, proof, edit documents (letters, motions and pleadings)
- E-File court filings
- Maintain and track schedules and calendars for attorneys
- Arrange meetings and conference calls
- Open new matters
- Run conflict checks
- Maintain an electronic and paper filing system
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Process expenses and/or invoices for payment
- Input time into billing software
- Transcribe dictation
- Prior litigation experience in a defense firm
- Familiar with federal and state filing procedures
- Experience with a document management system
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, paid parking, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.